Monday, November 21, 2005

Day 52

Dr Hibbert: "If indeed you have consumed the venom of the blowfish, and from what they tell me its quite probable - you have 24 hours to live"
Homer: "24 hours!?!"
Dr Hibbert: "Well....22 - I'm sorry I kept you waiting so long"

Woke up around 8:30. Had my shower, but didn't feel hungry, so didn't have breakfast. Was gonna go and move my car, but forgot and ended up remembering at 11! Hopefully, that area not patrolled - at least not now that Uni is basically over.

Spent the morning, apart from movies, sorting out some housing stuff, and the appointment for the bank at 2.

Watched 'The Animal' first off. A rather typical Rob Schneider show - so quite good on the whole. Although there seems to be a big 'sharing' type thing between him and Adam Sandler, I find I enjoy his shows considerably more than Adam Sandler ones. I think its just because hes a lot more into physical comedy and grossness - and hes not afraid of being the loser/idiot in the show, and pretty much continue being a loser/idiot at the end.

Watched 'A walk to remember' after that. Was thinking it would be something more classy, instead of this modern teen drama. OK, so it was a little more deep than the usual, but there was no realistic type epiphanies. For example, the reconcilliation with the estranged father - sure, it made my eyes water a little, but the gesture was really very superficial - he paid for the son's girlfriend's home care. Any issues that there were were brushed over and over simplified. Its not a walk that I'll be remembering.

Watched a little bit of 'The Horse Whisperer' after that - but it was about 12 by then, and I had to go for my walk (mainly to post letters), eat lunch and go to the bank meeting.

Left for my walk at 12:45, which meant I had 45 minutes before I had to leave, and I hadn't eaten lunch yet. Resolved to get Jesters (on Hampden road). I thus cut my walk quite short, only going about a third of the way along Gordon street, then walking up towards Monash but the side street didn't go all the way there - it stopped a block short at H street. I thus went down there back to Hampden and walked down to Jesters. It still took my about half an hour, or so. Was a rather hot day too, so its probably better I didn't go further.

Ended up leaving a little after 1:30, so got the the bank a little past 2. It was OK though - we still had to wait about 10 minutes for the guy. Meeting went OK.
Had coffee at Garbo after with Uncle M. I just remembered that I forgot to offer to pay - I know he would've refused, anyway.

Got home about 4. Watched most of 'Kissing Jessica Stein', though didn't see the start or the end. Quite a boring show, after the initial 'joke' thing.

Did Mandarin lesson 17 at 5. Still doing very well - I can't believe that I am now remembering most of the numbers. Still forget the odd phrase, and I can't seem to remember much outside the lesson setting, but I feel like I'm actually getting somewhere.

Continued reading the birth of Monarchy chapter after that. About a page away from finishing the chapter, but The Simpsons was starting, so what can you do?

Watched a little of 'At First Sight' after dinner. I've already seen it, though my memory is fairly sketchy. I certainly don't remember Nathan Lane in the show at all, so I want to keep watching it for that reason.

There I was last night thinking Deuteronomy had only 28 chapters or so. Actually, its got more like 34, so I'm up to 26, but doubt I'll be finished before Wednesday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home