Sunday, November 20, 2005

Day 51

Homer: "They were the suckiest bunch of suckers that ever sucked"
Marge: "Homer!"
Homer: "Oh, I gotta go - my damn weiner kids are listening"

Was on lock-up duty today - actually, it wasn't so bad. People left pretty quick, and got everything done without too much hassle.

Outside, someone (D) had locked their keys in their car. V was ALMOST gonna drive off, but, I guess, fate stood in the way (if it was me driving, I probably would have. It wouldn't have occurred to me to check what was going on in the first place). D's car was, luckily, very bendy, so he managed to create a significant gap between the door and the car. It still took about half an hour, or so, in the hot sun with many flies to get it open. Ended up opening the church again to try and find a coat-hanger - no luck. However, did discover that one of the side doors wasn't locked OR secured, so it was kinda a good thing, in the end. The lock was eventually opened with a bendy piece of wire that Ps Y found lying in the road. I was thus given orders to store it for future use - though, I figure, as soon as someone finds it, its history. The general consensus was that FCC is too clean, and needs more stores of junk - for example, coathangers just lying about the place.

Went for lunch at traditional Japanese place. As in, usual, not old. Nevermind. V broke the mould by ordering an ice tea instead of Passiona. He figured it would be bigger (since it was so very hot) - it wasn't. Saw C and the PCCC people.
V agreed, in principle, to try my shirts wat are too small. So, great.

Did the accounts almost straight away, while watching the rest of 'About Schmit', which I had seen a little of this morning. I quite enjoyed the film, though it didn't really end up the way I, or, I think, he, wanted it to. Thats life, I suppose. Its interesting that the basic premise of the story was that his life found fulfillment in child sponsorship - it kinda inspired my to write to my 'son' - though, not really. The problems being
  1. hes too young
  2. its not his native language
  3. I'm not in the kinda state where I could be as candid as Schmit was.

Was told by Uncle M today that it would be best if I go with him and Pastor to the NAB tommorrow to meet the bank manager, while they apply for a loan for FCCs potential acquisition. It kinda puts my mind at ease - because, even if it turns out I have a job tommorrow, I can't start anyway, cos the bank is in Booragoon, which would absolutely not fit in with my lunchbreak.

Up to Deuteronomy chapter 21 - which it suddenly occurred to me that its almost the end of the book already. And that will be the end of the Pentateuch. Maybe tonight? Maybe....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home