Day 50
Announcer for The Goons: "This is London calling the world..."
Eccles: "Hullo, world"
Woke up about 8 or so. Had my shower and played AOEII till 9:30 or so.
After watching, say, an episode of Scrubs while drinking my breakfast (last one, I think), went to Word to by a CD for a birthday present for tonight.
After that, did the usual shopping, got 18 more movies and had take-away KFC for lunch.
The first film was 'The Bodyguard', which I mainly wanted (as a joke) cos of the song. Nice to be able to relate to the Simpsons take on bashing through people to get the star out of the building. I wouldn't say Whitney Houston is annoying, but its just not a great film.
After that, watched 'Barbershop', a quite interesting comedy, pretty much entirely set in a barbershop. The best I can relate it to is its a movie based on that short scene from 'Coming to America' where Eddie Murphy plays, almost, all the roles. Poor plot, but generally kinda OK.
After that, I basically played more AOEII until The Simpsons. Um.... its not as if I didn't know it wasn't gonna be like this.
Went for dinner at V's place, which was, surprise, surprise, steamboat - I think to celebrate end of exams, but it was organised by 'The Parents', so it might have been a for no particular reason type thing. Started at 7, ended after 11, so it was pretty much a success. I think the games instituted by L also helped to make the evening....memorable.
Another rather unfulfilling day in terms of the stuff I should be doing. In that sense, it would be better if I didn't start work this week, so I can try and concoct some sort of system for fitting everything in later. And to try and catch up on as much as possible now.
But I really would like the steady income stream back again........
Eccles: "Hullo, world"
Woke up about 8 or so. Had my shower and played AOEII till 9:30 or so.
After watching, say, an episode of Scrubs while drinking my breakfast (last one, I think), went to Word to by a CD for a birthday present for tonight.
After that, did the usual shopping, got 18 more movies and had take-away KFC for lunch.
The first film was 'The Bodyguard', which I mainly wanted (as a joke) cos of the song. Nice to be able to relate to the Simpsons take on bashing through people to get the star out of the building. I wouldn't say Whitney Houston is annoying, but its just not a great film.
After that, watched 'Barbershop', a quite interesting comedy, pretty much entirely set in a barbershop. The best I can relate it to is its a movie based on that short scene from 'Coming to America' where Eddie Murphy plays, almost, all the roles. Poor plot, but generally kinda OK.
After that, I basically played more AOEII until The Simpsons. Um.... its not as if I didn't know it wasn't gonna be like this.
Went for dinner at V's place, which was, surprise, surprise, steamboat - I think to celebrate end of exams, but it was organised by 'The Parents', so it might have been a for no particular reason type thing. Started at 7, ended after 11, so it was pretty much a success. I think the games instituted by L also helped to make the evening....memorable.
Another rather unfulfilling day in terms of the stuff I should be doing. In that sense, it would be better if I didn't start work this week, so I can try and concoct some sort of system for fitting everything in later. And to try and catch up on as much as possible now.
But I really would like the steady income stream back again........

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home