Day 46
Marge: "Your meatloaf will be ready in 13 seconds Homer"
Homer: "Ohhh! Isn't there anything faster than a microwave?"
Woke up today at 10:15! Don't know what happened there.
Finished breakfast about 11:30, after starting to download my $45 worth of songs from yesterday. Read my Simpsons book through till 12, completing the chapter on Homer. Most of it really wasn't about the Simpsons at all, but the author ranting about consumerism and the culture shock he had after going to India for a year. I mean, hes free to go live in a cave if he wants - frankly, I don't care.
Went for a short walk to post the letters. Two reasons it was short:
"The world can't live on your good intentions, Marge! Oh, your familys a disgrace, but its OK cos you had gooood intentions!" - Ned Flanders
Went for the interview after that. Was actually about 5 minutes late, cos there was a traffic jam in the city which made it take 15 minutes to get through. And, as far as I could tell, the jam was caused by pedestrians just crossing the road willy-nilly, and, as far as I could gather from the news later, the pedestrians were protestors agains the workplace relations laws. Pah!
As far as I could tell, the interview went well, but they didn't offer my a position. Probably just as well - I might've picked them, which might've been the wrong decision. Now, my decision very easy. And its already been made. So, now just got to sign contract, I guess.
Got back around 3:30. Had a bit of lunch, tried a mocha (which didn't work well), then listened through my downloaded songs (there are a lot), while finishing off the rest of the album covers. That went up to 5:30.
I then started watching Alice in Wonderland and continued (shock, horror) through the Simpsons episode, cos it was the one about thanksgiving, which really doesn't have that many funny moments. Still season 2, I might add. Finished at 6:30, and its almost at the end already - shes begun the croquet game with the queen of hearts. I remember MOST of it - though things like Teedle-Dee and Tweedle-Dum and the dodo are only very vague. I picked up moments referenced from the Simpsons (where Homer crawls through the door as a 'supplicant') and Gwen Stefani (where she is in a house in the 'What you waiting for' video).
After dinner, it was a CMC meeting. Lasted three hours, so there went my night.
Finished Numbers, so now up to the glorious beauty that is Deuteronomy. Hope its as good as I remember it - I'm betting it will be better.
Searched the audiobooks on itunes for the bible yesterday, and found really two versions - one the entire bible, the other just the new testament. They're not cheap of course. Thing is, the new testament one is read by James Earl Jones, of Mufasa (The Lion King), Simpsons Halloween Special I (removalist in story 1, chef in story 2 and narrator in story 3) and Darth Vadar fame. Now, that would be sweet! But is about $40 (I think) and its only new testament. KJV, as well, though, in a way, that makes it better.
Nice temperature tommorrow - supposed to be 23, or something. Need to book a haircut for Friday, or so. And can't leave my washing too late, cos I need to iron the shirts for Monday - even though Monday still not confirmed. It'll be nice to have money again - back down to -4k from -2k.
Homer: "Ohhh! Isn't there anything faster than a microwave?"
Woke up today at 10:15! Don't know what happened there.
Finished breakfast about 11:30, after starting to download my $45 worth of songs from yesterday. Read my Simpsons book through till 12, completing the chapter on Homer. Most of it really wasn't about the Simpsons at all, but the author ranting about consumerism and the culture shock he had after going to India for a year. I mean, hes free to go live in a cave if he wants - frankly, I don't care.
Went for a short walk to post the letters. Two reasons it was short:
- the interview at 2:30, but mainly
- the heat. Amazing what a difference four degrees can make - opening the door was like walking into an oven. Though, not so bad that it can't get worse.
"The world can't live on your good intentions, Marge! Oh, your familys a disgrace, but its OK cos you had gooood intentions!" - Ned Flanders
Went for the interview after that. Was actually about 5 minutes late, cos there was a traffic jam in the city which made it take 15 minutes to get through. And, as far as I could tell, the jam was caused by pedestrians just crossing the road willy-nilly, and, as far as I could gather from the news later, the pedestrians were protestors agains the workplace relations laws. Pah!
As far as I could tell, the interview went well, but they didn't offer my a position. Probably just as well - I might've picked them, which might've been the wrong decision. Now, my decision very easy. And its already been made. So, now just got to sign contract, I guess.
Got back around 3:30. Had a bit of lunch, tried a mocha (which didn't work well), then listened through my downloaded songs (there are a lot), while finishing off the rest of the album covers. That went up to 5:30.
I then started watching Alice in Wonderland and continued (shock, horror) through the Simpsons episode, cos it was the one about thanksgiving, which really doesn't have that many funny moments. Still season 2, I might add. Finished at 6:30, and its almost at the end already - shes begun the croquet game with the queen of hearts. I remember MOST of it - though things like Teedle-Dee and Tweedle-Dum and the dodo are only very vague. I picked up moments referenced from the Simpsons (where Homer crawls through the door as a 'supplicant') and Gwen Stefani (where she is in a house in the 'What you waiting for' video).
After dinner, it was a CMC meeting. Lasted three hours, so there went my night.
Finished Numbers, so now up to the glorious beauty that is Deuteronomy. Hope its as good as I remember it - I'm betting it will be better.
Searched the audiobooks on itunes for the bible yesterday, and found really two versions - one the entire bible, the other just the new testament. They're not cheap of course. Thing is, the new testament one is read by James Earl Jones, of Mufasa (The Lion King), Simpsons Halloween Special I (removalist in story 1, chef in story 2 and narrator in story 3) and Darth Vadar fame. Now, that would be sweet! But is about $40 (I think) and its only new testament. KJV, as well, though, in a way, that makes it better.
Nice temperature tommorrow - supposed to be 23, or something. Need to book a haircut for Friday, or so. And can't leave my washing too late, cos I need to iron the shirts for Monday - even though Monday still not confirmed. It'll be nice to have money again - back down to -4k from -2k.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home