Day 45
Lisa: "Its times like this when I am greatful that dad has little or no interest in almost everything I do"
Once again, finished breakfast around 9. Saw a bit of the 'God He Reigns' DVD yesterday, so I continued with that - essentially just watching my three favourite songs (in order of favouriteness) - 'His love', 'Let creation sing' and 'Let us adore'. That was pretty sweet. I also watched the intro, cos its pretty cool, if not a bit too tribal.
After that, read about two sections in my Simpsons book. Still a lot about Homer. There was a large section about the 'Homer's Enemy' episode, which tried to suggest that, because we side with Homer instead of Grimey, therefore the values we really cherish are blatant consumerism instead of dedicated effort. Of course, they failed to mention that Frank Grimes really was quite a nasty guy - its not as if his attitude to work is what made him unlikeable. Its that in every scene in the show, he is being quite psychotically self-absorbed, haughty and spiteful.
After doing the usual daily computer stuff, and updating more album covers on itunes, FD had a 'great' idea of going to Megamart (for little reason, mind you), having duck for lunch, then having VVLs at Gloria Jean's while reading.
So we got to Megamart, which was apparently going to close soon. And, yes, the soon had already rolled around - the previous day, in fact. Well, thats what we could gather from the signs on the door. Which was quite definitely shut.
So we went to normal Myer instead, since it was already determined that we had to pay $2.20 for parking. FD was looking for French speaking software, and he got that. Right next to the software was luggage (???), and I was almost tempted to by a case, which had a combination like Pulp Fiction (dur), but it was a few cents short of $100, so I decided 'later'. Besides, its probably best I try and limit buying stuff now, since I'm about to move.
I then went downstairs to buy shirts for (expected) work. I told V I was originally planning to do so on Tuesday, since its 32 degrees then, but, you know, fate stood in the way. Besides, I got the call, and my interview is tommorrow at 2:30, so it really wouldn't have worked out too well.
Then went and had roast duck, roast pork and BBQ pork at Hong Kong BBQ. It was pretty warm, so skipped the tea and had Coke instead. Sweet....
It was thus too hot for coffee, so went home instead. (and I don't think FD did his reading which was the cause for going for VVLs anyway)
At home, started watching 'Ginger Snaps II'. Another particularly bad horror film - I didn't sit through it all.
Did 20 minutes of Mandarin lesson 15 while adding more album covers to itunes. However, it is unfortunate that I really cannot multi-task well, and, even though this is a review, it still requires my full attention. I was thus getting too confused, so I stopped before the end.
Went through lecture 1 of week 11. It was mainly a review session, so no real revelationary insights.
Finished reading the chapter on Joshua in the textbook and got about half way through Judges. Up to Numbers 32, and was hoping to finish it tonight, but judging on the time now, that looks unlikely.
The reason I've stayed up so late is that I made a committment to find where 'religious' songs are categorised under itunes, and I found them - under 'inspirational'. So I went through the list of artists, and found a considerable number of songs that I wanted. Also, finding some songs led me to remember other ones, such as 'I am blessed' by Eternal and 'Nothing ever happens' by Del Amitri. Don't ask me how that happened. Anyway, I'm gonna have to look back through the list, since it now totals almost $50!
(Unfortunately, theres no Hillsongs, Parachute Band, Planet Shakers and few compilation albums)
This is, I guess, just the first of many warm (and warmer) nights. I have offically removed my doona, but it is warm just sitting here typing. Far be it from me to question the natural order of things, (I guess I understand that different people like different things) but summer has some many bad points - days are too hot and too long, nights are too warm, but too short, too many flies, too much UV, not enough clouds, not enough rain, not enough people around, too much ushering. If it wasn't for Christmas, my birthday and PlanetShakers, I don't know how I'd get through this season. And it doesn't even start for another half a month!
"While the earth remains,
Seedtime and harvest,
Cold and heat,
Winter and summer,
And day and night,
Shall not cease." - Genesis 8:22
Once again, finished breakfast around 9. Saw a bit of the 'God He Reigns' DVD yesterday, so I continued with that - essentially just watching my three favourite songs (in order of favouriteness) - 'His love', 'Let creation sing' and 'Let us adore'. That was pretty sweet. I also watched the intro, cos its pretty cool, if not a bit too tribal.
After that, read about two sections in my Simpsons book. Still a lot about Homer. There was a large section about the 'Homer's Enemy' episode, which tried to suggest that, because we side with Homer instead of Grimey, therefore the values we really cherish are blatant consumerism instead of dedicated effort. Of course, they failed to mention that Frank Grimes really was quite a nasty guy - its not as if his attitude to work is what made him unlikeable. Its that in every scene in the show, he is being quite psychotically self-absorbed, haughty and spiteful.
After doing the usual daily computer stuff, and updating more album covers on itunes, FD had a 'great' idea of going to Megamart (for little reason, mind you), having duck for lunch, then having VVLs at Gloria Jean's while reading.
So we got to Megamart, which was apparently going to close soon. And, yes, the soon had already rolled around - the previous day, in fact. Well, thats what we could gather from the signs on the door. Which was quite definitely shut.
So we went to normal Myer instead, since it was already determined that we had to pay $2.20 for parking. FD was looking for French speaking software, and he got that. Right next to the software was luggage (???), and I was almost tempted to by a case, which had a combination like Pulp Fiction (dur), but it was a few cents short of $100, so I decided 'later'. Besides, its probably best I try and limit buying stuff now, since I'm about to move.
I then went downstairs to buy shirts for (expected) work. I told V I was originally planning to do so on Tuesday, since its 32 degrees then, but, you know, fate stood in the way. Besides, I got the call, and my interview is tommorrow at 2:30, so it really wouldn't have worked out too well.
Then went and had roast duck, roast pork and BBQ pork at Hong Kong BBQ. It was pretty warm, so skipped the tea and had Coke instead. Sweet....
It was thus too hot for coffee, so went home instead. (and I don't think FD did his reading which was the cause for going for VVLs anyway)
At home, started watching 'Ginger Snaps II'. Another particularly bad horror film - I didn't sit through it all.
Did 20 minutes of Mandarin lesson 15 while adding more album covers to itunes. However, it is unfortunate that I really cannot multi-task well, and, even though this is a review, it still requires my full attention. I was thus getting too confused, so I stopped before the end.
Went through lecture 1 of week 11. It was mainly a review session, so no real revelationary insights.
Finished reading the chapter on Joshua in the textbook and got about half way through Judges. Up to Numbers 32, and was hoping to finish it tonight, but judging on the time now, that looks unlikely.
The reason I've stayed up so late is that I made a committment to find where 'religious' songs are categorised under itunes, and I found them - under 'inspirational'. So I went through the list of artists, and found a considerable number of songs that I wanted. Also, finding some songs led me to remember other ones, such as 'I am blessed' by Eternal and 'Nothing ever happens' by Del Amitri. Don't ask me how that happened. Anyway, I'm gonna have to look back through the list, since it now totals almost $50!
(Unfortunately, theres no Hillsongs, Parachute Band, Planet Shakers and few compilation albums)
This is, I guess, just the first of many warm (and warmer) nights. I have offically removed my doona, but it is warm just sitting here typing. Far be it from me to question the natural order of things, (I guess I understand that different people like different things) but summer has some many bad points - days are too hot and too long, nights are too warm, but too short, too many flies, too much UV, not enough clouds, not enough rain, not enough people around, too much ushering. If it wasn't for Christmas, my birthday and PlanetShakers, I don't know how I'd get through this season. And it doesn't even start for another half a month!
"While the earth remains,
Seedtime and harvest,
Cold and heat,
Winter and summer,
And day and night,
Shall not cease." - Genesis 8:22

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home