Day 49
George and Kramer: (singing while driving) "I like to stop at the duty free shop,
I like to stop at the duty free shop..."
Woke up around 8:15. No milk again, so had liquid thing for breakfast again.
Watched most of the rest of 'The Emperor and the Assassin', until I went for my haircut at 11.
After that, did some more accounts stuff while watching a German film I taped last night - 'Land of the Cannibals', or some such. A 1950s film (or made to look like one) but sent in the year 2020 (or so) about extreme gameshows and aliens. Not really as weird as it sounds - mainly quite boring, actually.
Watched the end of the emperor film after that. It was quite enjoyable, but a bit too much like a lot of those other stylistic type Chinese films - a lot of the things they do don't really make a lot of sense. Such as killing an enemy, then apologising for it and crying.
Went through Mandarin lesson 16 before returning the DVDs. Again, did quite well.
Had lunch at about 3, since I wasn't that hungry before. Ate instant noodles - the Mi Goreng kind. Watched some Sienfeld - the episode where Elaine and Jerry get put in different classes on a plane, and George and Kramer go between airports trying to pick them up (just in case you couldn't guess from the quote. heh.)
AOEII finally arrived today. Spent most of the night playing that. Yay!
Watched 'The Longest Yard' in the afternoon. Not a great film - not that funny, and full of the underdog Hollywood cliches.
Went for dinner to eat yam duck - which was good, but the entire meal was expensive - almost $70 for three. Oh well - once a semester, I guess its OK.
Not sorry for this day to end - seems like its full of rather bad news.
I like to stop at the duty free shop..."
Woke up around 8:15. No milk again, so had liquid thing for breakfast again.
Watched most of the rest of 'The Emperor and the Assassin', until I went for my haircut at 11.
After that, did some more accounts stuff while watching a German film I taped last night - 'Land of the Cannibals', or some such. A 1950s film (or made to look like one) but sent in the year 2020 (or so) about extreme gameshows and aliens. Not really as weird as it sounds - mainly quite boring, actually.
Watched the end of the emperor film after that. It was quite enjoyable, but a bit too much like a lot of those other stylistic type Chinese films - a lot of the things they do don't really make a lot of sense. Such as killing an enemy, then apologising for it and crying.
Went through Mandarin lesson 16 before returning the DVDs. Again, did quite well.
Had lunch at about 3, since I wasn't that hungry before. Ate instant noodles - the Mi Goreng kind. Watched some Sienfeld - the episode where Elaine and Jerry get put in different classes on a plane, and George and Kramer go between airports trying to pick them up (just in case you couldn't guess from the quote. heh.)
AOEII finally arrived today. Spent most of the night playing that. Yay!
Watched 'The Longest Yard' in the afternoon. Not a great film - not that funny, and full of the underdog Hollywood cliches.
Went for dinner to eat yam duck - which was good, but the entire meal was expensive - almost $70 for three. Oh well - once a semester, I guess its OK.
Not sorry for this day to end - seems like its full of rather bad news.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home