"There are no ordinary people. You have never talked to a mere mortal." - CS Lewis
Got up about 10:15. I had planned to get up considerably earlier. Too bad, I guess.
Went shopping at Coles, and there were still plenty of spaces. So that was OK, then. The thing I really needed was garbage bags, and I couldn't find any. The situation is really getting rather desperate. My total bill was about $53, and I had the two vouchers there, so I picked one - and it was the $30 one. So I just paid the rest with AMEX, cos I need it for Myer, anyway, really. Even though it, um, doesn't actually make any difference. But still....its the principle of the thing.
Watched another episode of Deadwood, which was episode 8. It was about 55 minutes long, so it meant that I left later than I had planned.
Went to Sizzler for lunch, with my parents and grandmother. I said last time that I would get salad bar only (with drinks bar), because getting that AND a meal isn't good value, and the salad bar is enough to be filled. I was feeling rather hungry, I thought....but I just had two plates of stuff, plus desert, and two refills, and some tea. So I think I got pretty good value. Also got my toothbrush back, since I had left it behind. So now I can clean my teeth again - hooray.
Watched another episode of Deadwood, which was episode 9. The last episode that I have seen. So, its all new territory from here.
Did about half of Mandarin lesson 7. It was pretty easy, so I'm moving on to lesson 8 next time. Whenever that will be.
Finished The Weight of Glory, in The Weight of Glory. Now up to Learning in War Time.
Watched Deadwood episode 10, which was the first I hadn't seen before. It was OK. Pretty racist people, them is. As if I couldn't have guessed.
Watched The Simpsons.
Did some accounts stuff. Trying to prepare for tomorrow. Not really very successfully.
Watched The Last Communist, finally. Some interestingly weird stuff, that was. The songs were great - really funny. I think they were supposed to be. I think. As a documentary about that Communist Party leader guy, it wasn't very impressive - cos most of it was just these sentences printed on the screen that could've come from anywhere, and then these random people talking about random stuff. Then they finally got the communists - yeah, they were pretty crazy.
Slept about 11, after some more accounts stuff.
Went shopping at Coles, and there were still plenty of spaces. So that was OK, then. The thing I really needed was garbage bags, and I couldn't find any. The situation is really getting rather desperate. My total bill was about $53, and I had the two vouchers there, so I picked one - and it was the $30 one. So I just paid the rest with AMEX, cos I need it for Myer, anyway, really. Even though it, um, doesn't actually make any difference. But still....its the principle of the thing.
Watched another episode of Deadwood, which was episode 8. It was about 55 minutes long, so it meant that I left later than I had planned.
Went to Sizzler for lunch, with my parents and grandmother. I said last time that I would get salad bar only (with drinks bar), because getting that AND a meal isn't good value, and the salad bar is enough to be filled. I was feeling rather hungry, I thought....but I just had two plates of stuff, plus desert, and two refills, and some tea. So I think I got pretty good value. Also got my toothbrush back, since I had left it behind. So now I can clean my teeth again - hooray.
Watched another episode of Deadwood, which was episode 9. The last episode that I have seen. So, its all new territory from here.
Did about half of Mandarin lesson 7. It was pretty easy, so I'm moving on to lesson 8 next time. Whenever that will be.
Finished The Weight of Glory, in The Weight of Glory. Now up to Learning in War Time.
Watched Deadwood episode 10, which was the first I hadn't seen before. It was OK. Pretty racist people, them is. As if I couldn't have guessed.
Watched The Simpsons.
Did some accounts stuff. Trying to prepare for tomorrow. Not really very successfully.
Watched The Last Communist, finally. Some interestingly weird stuff, that was. The songs were great - really funny. I think they were supposed to be. I think. As a documentary about that Communist Party leader guy, it wasn't very impressive - cos most of it was just these sentences printed on the screen that could've come from anywhere, and then these random people talking about random stuff. Then they finally got the communists - yeah, they were pretty crazy.
Slept about 11, after some more accounts stuff.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home