Friday, December 22, 2006

"The native Indians will keep all of Hard Rock's memorabilia, from The Who to Pearl Jam to Korn, or, as they call it, maize...." - Jon Stewart

Got up about 6:15. Going on a boat today, and its the last day of work before the break, so got to wear shorts and thongs - hooray! Thus (maybe), I was ready by 6:45, which was way too early, so watched more Seinfeld highlights. Feeling pretty tired, though.

Went for breakfast at Subiaco McDonalds with Mogli, as a sort of last day thing. Had latte and hotcakes, which were pretty OK, but put me off food for most of the rest of the day, including morning tea, which was some leftover boat food, apparently - failed experiments, maybe.
We talked mainly about my discussion with the partner from yesterday; but that's all over now.

Didn't do much at work, but did do a little bit of work. Then played some indoor cricket, and cleaned my desk. Installed my new calendar. Meanwhile, listened to a bit of OK Computer (cos I brought the CD cos Mogli wanted to borrow it), and also some Wolfmother (which he streamed).

Left at about 11:30. I was driving, and took Mogli, W& and MD. We had to go to Dalkeith IGA first, cos they had forgot to get sweet chili sauce for some of the entrees, and Mogli volunteered his (or, rather, my) services. And then he complains that such people treat him as their friend and talk to him all the time.....

Got to jetty just before 12:30. Had to wait around a while, cos the boat wasn't there. And then it arrived, but there were other boats there so it couldn't dock.

It was a pretty interesting trip, though we had brought the beach cricket set, with Mogli getting everyone revved up to play, and it didn't happen. The trip down was pretty interesting, seeing all the houses and the scenery looking very different from the river. I mainly ate these chicken sausage roll things, which were technically entree. And using that sweet chili sauce....
I drank Mountain Doo (which Mogli went on and on about, cos I had requested it - just to say something) and water. Went down as far as Matilda Bay (like, the only part of the river I know, cept for the bit around the city) and anchored there.
Got secret Santa presents. Nothing much interesting.
While we were anchored there, saw a mother duck with six ducklings, which were fed so they hung around. There was also vast swarms of octopi.
The sea breeze finally came in about 3, and thus the trip back to Fremantle was pretty ruff and splashy. Someones hat got blown into the river, and a wine glass got blown off the table and broke on the deck.

Got back about 5:30. We actually reached the jetty about 5:15, but, again, had to wait for other boats to move.
Gave Mogli a lift back to his house. Actually, we went to the cricket nets near his house first for a while, since we had missed out going on the boat. We were both fairly tired, so didn't stay there that long. Then some father with his two sons was there, so Mogli bowled a few to him - and like got hit for four off each. Heh. We were there till 6:30.

Went straight down after that. Incredibly, there was practically no traffic; it was almost as empty as I've ever seen it. I wonder what on earth was going on, cos the past few times its been quite insanely ridiculous.
Had a short call from V, but I was driving so couldn't really talk - so hes back then.

Arrived about 9:15. Had a little bit of dinner, which was a bit of everything - sausages and tomato chicken. Slept about 11.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home