'On Dasher on Dancer on Prancer on Vixen. On Comet on Cupid on Donner on Blitzen' - The Night Before Christmas
I am using the line from A Night Before Christmas, because the names of the reindeer where continuously popping up in a Christmas crossword that my mother was doing, and it caused us considerable pains thinking of the names (that rhymes....).
Got up about 6:30 (as if I needed to worry about sleeping in).
Went down and checked the Maude chickens and there was one more (almost jet black), so we figured we had a Christmas chick.
Left the house about 7:45, and had a really boring drive up. I was evidently still tired, cos I found myself almost nodding off up to about Bunbury.
When we got there, went straight into the room with air-con (the lounge room) and turned the air-con on. Then my dad went to pick up my grandma.
So when she came, we started opening presents. Got through about 2/3, then my cousin Mat came over, so we stopped and had lunch and that.
Opened the rest of the presents after desert. I got my mother's usual political shirts, some socks, some chocolates, some scratchies (winning nothing, of cos), another Myer voucher and a frying pan. Plus there were a few other odd things in there, I think.
Despite the fact that she says she doesn't think much of it, my grandma seemed pretty keen to get back to the 'retirement community' (where seniors are inspired, and inspiring), so dad took her back at about 3.
Finished reading the Wind in the Willows. What a great book. Much better than that 12 Ordinary Men one, anyway.
There wasn't much else lying around there, so I read a bit of some 'Political Speak' book, which was a very humorous look at the Australian political environment - from about 10 years ago. Anyway, I thought it was just a book of funny quotes, but there was a lot of just writing by this guy, so I skipped most of it. The dictionary of political words was pretty funny - I think.
Had more leftover meat for dinner - cold. Watched a double episode of the Simpsons, which were loosely Christmas themed. Ahhh...double episodes. Sweet metropolitan TV....
Watched The Panel after that. It was pretty good. It was great to see them advertise very obviously for sponsors, but do it in an almost sarcastic and funny way. Yay.
Slept about 10 - there was bad TV on, a kinda fictional view of the Gallagher brothers' (aka, those Oasis guys) childhood.
Got up about 6:30 (as if I needed to worry about sleeping in).
Went down and checked the Maude chickens and there was one more (almost jet black), so we figured we had a Christmas chick.
Left the house about 7:45, and had a really boring drive up. I was evidently still tired, cos I found myself almost nodding off up to about Bunbury.
When we got there, went straight into the room with air-con (the lounge room) and turned the air-con on. Then my dad went to pick up my grandma.
So when she came, we started opening presents. Got through about 2/3, then my cousin Mat came over, so we stopped and had lunch and that.
Opened the rest of the presents after desert. I got my mother's usual political shirts, some socks, some chocolates, some scratchies (winning nothing, of cos), another Myer voucher and a frying pan. Plus there were a few other odd things in there, I think.
Despite the fact that she says she doesn't think much of it, my grandma seemed pretty keen to get back to the 'retirement community' (where seniors are inspired, and inspiring), so dad took her back at about 3.
Finished reading the Wind in the Willows. What a great book. Much better than that 12 Ordinary Men one, anyway.
There wasn't much else lying around there, so I read a bit of some 'Political Speak' book, which was a very humorous look at the Australian political environment - from about 10 years ago. Anyway, I thought it was just a book of funny quotes, but there was a lot of just writing by this guy, so I skipped most of it. The dictionary of political words was pretty funny - I think.
Had more leftover meat for dinner - cold. Watched a double episode of the Simpsons, which were loosely Christmas themed. Ahhh...double episodes. Sweet metropolitan TV....
Watched The Panel after that. It was pretty good. It was great to see them advertise very obviously for sponsors, but do it in an almost sarcastic and funny way. Yay.
Slept about 10 - there was bad TV on, a kinda fictional view of the Gallagher brothers' (aka, those Oasis guys) childhood.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home