Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Maude: "They say your folks can't pay the rent, so we're watching you by act of government"

Ned: "Well, I don't know if the allegations are true, but you got us and, baby, we got you"
Both: "Babe. We got you babe"

I am including that quote, cos my mum gave my dad (for his birthday some months ago) these singing dogs, what sing the proper version of that song. Anyway....

Got up about 9, after sleeping surprisingly OK. Had a bit of breakfast, but had to have coffee, cos the tea was only in leaf form, and it is weird tasting tea.

Watched a bit of cricket, but it was mainly rained out. In the meantime, saw the start of the Sydney to Hobart yacht race. That was real exciting.

Saw Warne's 700th wicket. Sent a message to Mogli - cos, y'know it was, like, just so fantastic.

Grandma came to lunch again. Unfortunately, there were no presents to open this time....

When my dad was taking here home, I finally had tea. It was OK, considering it was that nasty stuff - I had it nice and weak, so it didn't taste so bad.

We left to go back down about 2:30, after I saw the clip to U2's The Saints are Coming on Video Hits - how fantastic.

Got home about 5, which my parents were saying was real fast and that, even though they took the inland road. The house was pretty warm.

Went down and looked at the chickens. Maude had 2 more eggs hatched, and was off the nest, so that's a total of 5.

Watched 4 episodes of the Goodies, what I gave my dad for Christmas, although he went to bed after 3.

Slept about 10:30, but getting to sleep wasn't easy - there was a stupid bug, and it was fairly hot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home