Saturday, December 23, 2006

'God rest ye, merry gentlemen' OR 'May the Almighty smite you drunken guys!' - courtesy of me

Got up about 8:30.

Went down and saw the new chickens. A highly successful operation going on there. And another hen is broody, and has been sitting for quite a few weeks now.

Watched Thing from Another World, an old Howard Hawks film, although he only took production credits. It was not great, as you'd expect. Actually, I was reading a bit of that '1000 movies you must see before you die' book, so I missed part of it. It was that dull. And bad. But, apparently, its a great experiment in loneliness and creepiness. Alrighty, then.

Walked around the block with mum, looking at the stuff. There was nothing really new. Summer's just not a great time, cos its hot and sunny and everything is brown and uninteresting. However, despite the lack of rain and the heat, there wasn't much that had died naturally. There are those plants that my parents are trying to kill, though, of course. Though they were fairly not dead, as well. Took some photos of some flowers.

Played some games in the middle of the afternoon with mum. We used the Texas Hold'em set that Mogli got for secret Santa, and he figured he'd never use it, so swapped it with me for a vegetarian cookbook (which I couldn't think of any immediate use for). Then we used the normal card and played memory, strip jack and sevens. Then we played some scrabble, with mum using all those words you've never heard of - 'hake' and 'wen' for instance. Dad was at golf for the whole day - and I thought Thursday was the day.

Watched The Simpsons at night. But there's not much else on country TV.

When dad came back we played some more Texas Hold'em, while waiting for more good TV to come on. It was pretty fruitless, of cos.

Watched Rockwiz, but it was just a highlight show. And I'd seen quite a few of those highlights before, even though I'd seen all of three episodes (at the most).

Slept about 10:30.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home