'The crucifix ain't a baseball bat, Tell me what kind of god is that, Ain't nothing more godless than a war, What are we fighting for?' - Live
Got up about 9.
Installed the video camera for the computer, what my mum gave my dad for Christmas. It wanted to download some software update, which took quite a long time.
Watched the cricket, first in the lounge room with a fan, but then we had move to the air-con room with a small TV, cos it was very hot.
I started and finished The Magic Pudding, because its not a very long book, and the cricket was quite boring, so I was just reading that for most of the time.
Tested the computer video with a call to my brother in Brisbane. It worked pretty great, except that it slowed the computer right down, with patchy video and the voice too, at times.
The thermometer outside showed about 37 or 38 degrees as the maximum, though my mum reckoned it topped 40.
Dad came home from work in the mid afternoon, and no-one dared to venture outside of the air-con room. So we played poker and blackjack with the hold'em set, and then Rage, which is like my favourite card game, even though I normally lose. Like this time.
Watched an episode of Futurama; well, most of it. It wasn't very good - at least, as far as I could see.
Sat outside after dinner, cos it was still 30 degrees at 8pm.
Had a bit of Bailey's. I didn't like it as much as port; a little too strongly sweet. Or something.
Slept at about 11:30, cos I was trying to teach my mum to burn an MP3 CD, in the air-con room, although it didn't really seem to help much with the temperature - I think it was set too high.
Installed the video camera for the computer, what my mum gave my dad for Christmas. It wanted to download some software update, which took quite a long time.
Watched the cricket, first in the lounge room with a fan, but then we had move to the air-con room with a small TV, cos it was very hot.
I started and finished The Magic Pudding, because its not a very long book, and the cricket was quite boring, so I was just reading that for most of the time.
Tested the computer video with a call to my brother in Brisbane. It worked pretty great, except that it slowed the computer right down, with patchy video and the voice too, at times.
The thermometer outside showed about 37 or 38 degrees as the maximum, though my mum reckoned it topped 40.
Dad came home from work in the mid afternoon, and no-one dared to venture outside of the air-con room. So we played poker and blackjack with the hold'em set, and then Rage, which is like my favourite card game, even though I normally lose. Like this time.
Watched an episode of Futurama; well, most of it. It wasn't very good - at least, as far as I could see.
Sat outside after dinner, cos it was still 30 degrees at 8pm.
Had a bit of Bailey's. I didn't like it as much as port; a little too strongly sweet. Or something.
Slept at about 11:30, cos I was trying to teach my mum to burn an MP3 CD, in the air-con room, although it didn't really seem to help much with the temperature - I think it was set too high.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home