Saturday, December 16, 2006

"Can you imagine how famous Jesus would've been if he had a guitar?" - Colour (sic) Me Kubrick

Got up about 8. Stepped out of the air conditioned bedroom into a rather warm house.

Watched some Foxtel before I swam - there was a Simpsons medley on. Unbelievable, one episode was that same one that I saw on Saturday and Sunday last week!

Had a short swim. The water level was below the blue line - crazy - so I had to start filling it up, and I also had to turn off the pump cos there wasn't enough water for it to suck properly.

Watched Colour Me Kubrick after that. There were parts that were OK, cept there was too much gay stuff going on - like every second scene. And the people were too dumb to believe that it was actually real - but apparently it was. Maybe.
My favourite bits were where they used Kubrick film moments in the film. There were only two I really recognised, though - where he is doing laundry at the laundromat while Also Sprach Zarathustra (from 2001) is playing - quite funny, really. And near the end when he's in a mental institution, he tries to tell the nurse that he is Kubrick, then all the other patients are like 'I'm Kubrick' 'No, I'm Kubrick' (from Spartacus, and also Life of Brian - heh).
There was also a good bit where Alan (the fake Kubrick) is talking about the actors that hes supposedly thinking about casting, and he makes a reference to John Malkovitch - which is the actor playing him. Confusing, eh?

Went to meet Mogli at 12:30. It was quite insanely hot.

Went to Bunnings first, cos Mogli had to buy some secret Santa thing for his family - yeah, go figure. He got some sort of Swiss army pliers. Or something.
There was a sausage sizzle outside. Mogli got food, but I just got Pepsi, cos it was so damn hot. And, man, it was pretty sweet!
Walked over to Supa Cheap Auto then. I got a purplish visor for my dad, and also was inspired by the weather to get a normal silver one for myself, cos V had one on his car and it was such an incredible difference - cos I borrowed it in January last year. Or this year. Whatever.
Went to the new JB after that, which was its opening day. As you can imagine, the traffic was rather crazy, since the roads weren't planned very well, or not finished - whatever. Got a rather simple webcam; another present for my dad. I know that they can't use complicated computer stuff, anyway. Waited in line for a while. Saw a bit of cricket. Australia finally had some wickets fall, but were still only 3 for about 250. England got no chance - ai.

Went back to Mogli's house, then. We were planning to play cricket later, but it was just too insanely hot. So we just lounged about at his place and watched cricket instead. I finally met the rest of his family, so that was great.

Left at 4:45, cos of stuff. Went to 13's house and pulled the hose out of the pool just as it was overflowing, kinda. Yep.

Got back home about 5:30. Didn't do much, again. Cos, again, like yesterday, not that much time till dinner. When I left at the same time - 6:30. Freaky.

Went to dinner with mainly rellos at 3rd Avenue Cafe - there was one guy who was the boyfriend or something of one of my cousins, but the rest was family. It was my parents, and my mothers two sisters, and their husbands, and two of one of their children, and that guy.
The restaurant was fairly hot, and I wasn't that hungry as a result. Drank quite a bit of Coke and water. Had chicken again, since I had like steak related products last night.
Got back home about 10, after watching some bad carols on channel 7.

Went to 13's house again, cos it was still hot. Watched Foxtel, and there was some stuff on. Watched about 4 episodes of Friends & then a few of SVU. But I had to sleep, cos of church and that.

Slept about 1.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home