Homer: "A box....my boy's a box. Damn you! A box!"
Got up about 6:45. Made lunch, had breakfast.
Had the usual training, cept that the usual guy that coordinates the training wasn't there. The Webb Martin presentation was done by W&, and it was pretty stock-standard stuff. Except that he mentioned the Raffles hotel for some reason, and pronounced it 'Raff-les' Hotel. I thought it was funny/coincidental, since Mogli had been going on about Singaporeans pronouncing Charles as Char-les. Anyway.... Great highlights of the day, etc.
Went down to a clients office after that to do the final stuff before the break. Mogli had already said that he was going out for lunch, so I didn't rush and instead tried to prepare things better so that it will take less time in the future. Also had some of their morning tea, which I guess was some sort of end of year thingy. Or something.
Had lunch late, as a result - I started at 1:40. Yep. At least it made the afternoon go quicker. Maybe.
That client was in Dumas House, and I decided during the afternoon that its probably pronounced 'Dumah', as in the same as that French guy that wrote The Count of Monte Cristo (not dum-ass, as in the Shawshank Redemption). I searched for it on the internet for a while (its not as if there was any work to do), but all I found was that it was named after some Sir Dumas,
who was the head of the government department that built it back in the 70s - DPI, I think. Maybe not.
Left at 5, since I have to go on this boat ride which won't finish until 5 on Friday, and I don't normally work Friday afternoons.....heh.
Watched The Simpsons, more Simpsons and Futurama.
The watched Once Upon a Time in China. It was the same old Jet Li stuff, so it was good. The dubbing, though, was really, really, really bad, so I watched most of it in Chinese (although I think it was Cantonese or something, dang - unlike Fearless which was in Mandarin). Not as much a classic as my friends led me to believe, though.
Slept about 10:30.
Had the usual training, cept that the usual guy that coordinates the training wasn't there. The Webb Martin presentation was done by W&, and it was pretty stock-standard stuff. Except that he mentioned the Raffles hotel for some reason, and pronounced it 'Raff-les' Hotel. I thought it was funny/coincidental, since Mogli had been going on about Singaporeans pronouncing Charles as Char-les. Anyway.... Great highlights of the day, etc.
Went down to a clients office after that to do the final stuff before the break. Mogli had already said that he was going out for lunch, so I didn't rush and instead tried to prepare things better so that it will take less time in the future. Also had some of their morning tea, which I guess was some sort of end of year thingy. Or something.
Had lunch late, as a result - I started at 1:40. Yep. At least it made the afternoon go quicker. Maybe.
That client was in Dumas House, and I decided during the afternoon that its probably pronounced 'Dumah', as in the same as that French guy that wrote The Count of Monte Cristo (not dum-ass, as in the Shawshank Redemption). I searched for it on the internet for a while (its not as if there was any work to do), but all I found was that it was named after some Sir Dumas,
who was the head of the government department that built it back in the 70s - DPI, I think. Maybe not.
Left at 5, since I have to go on this boat ride which won't finish until 5 on Friday, and I don't normally work Friday afternoons.....heh.
Watched The Simpsons, more Simpsons and Futurama.
The watched Once Upon a Time in China. It was the same old Jet Li stuff, so it was good. The dubbing, though, was really, really, really bad, so I watched most of it in Chinese (although I think it was Cantonese or something, dang - unlike Fearless which was in Mandarin). Not as much a classic as my friends led me to believe, though.
Slept about 10:30.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home