"Its ironic" - Elaine, Seinfeld
Lady on train: "What's ironic?"
Elaine: "This..... that we've come such a long way, but we've had to give up all the little benefits."
Lady: "No; what does ironic mean?"
I notice that all the posts for this week have been considerably longer than normal, whereas all the ones for last week were a lot shorter than normal. Isn't that ironic? No. I don't think it is.
Weird, though. It was almost like I had nothing left to blog, and now its like I can't blog enough. Maybe.
Got up just before 8:30. Was thus ready for my shopping in plenty of time. Went to Coles, cos I wanted steak. Didn't buy much, and, as a result, when I got home I realised I'd neglected to buy cheese. And frozen vegetables - although I did look, but couldn't find the one I wanted, which was (I later discovered) Heinz Golden Mix, which corn, red capsicum, onion and some other stuff. It puts all the others that I've had so far to shame. Seriously. I also discovered slightly later on that I only have two tea bags left.
Started watching week 5 of lectures - aren't I dedicated? I am actually considering trying to do some units just for interest sake - so with no assessments, but no credit either. But that's OK - since, really, I think me wanting a degree is only for pride, since I'm not really planning to do anything with it, cept go around saying I also have an arts degree. But I donno..... However, that will also give me more flexibility, so I don't have to do those horrible theology units. And I shouldn't have to worry about prerequisites, so I can hopefully do some more advanced (and thus more interesting) stuff. Like church history, and that. And some more in depth book studies. But, yeah, I guess I'll try one unit like that next semester and see how. I do want to focus on my sax and mandarin, though.
I probably got about 3/4 way through. Then it was 11:30, so I left to go to 13's house for the grand final. Then it turned out it was at War's house instead. Lots of people there, who were being very noisy. And most didn't seem to know much about football, and were very jumping on the bandwagon Eagle supporters. Anyway, I didn't want Sydney to win (cos Barry Hall's an idiot and their defensive style sux), but I thought they would and had bet $5 for them to win by 8 points. So I decided to play Devil's Advocate and cheered for them. Ah....so funny. Especially those last 15 minutes or so; everyone else was like killing themselves with worries. It was very amusing. Anyway, so Dean Cox has got his premiership thingy now, so he can go and retire. Hah.
Went to Ps Benny's Installation Service after that. Was nice to see all these like overseas pastors and that.
I spoke to some guy from the like Planetshakers WA church....Lakeside or something? He knew Swan from TICC days....or not quite. More like from NLCC days. And they said that Ps Benny did some sort of pastoring thing at NLCC.....I tried to tell people that. They didn't believe me.
And then some Ps Steve who sounded American but was from some Singaporean church thing, or so. How super.
Anyway, the worship and that was very powerful....I guess from all those pastors. Hmmmm.....
Watched Sister Act at night. Isn't that just so funny and uplifting? Great. A bit not very Christian though...... I donno..... It just seemed to stand out a bit more than I thought.
Then Sister Act 2 was on. But it looked pretty bad. So I just went and did other stuff, like sorting out my computer by being screwed by Media Player. Which is another thing I'll have to ask V tomorrow.
Managed to find Our Daily Bread in with my clothes to be ironed. I must've picked it up with them when I had the clothes near my bed on Thursday to take them downstairs to put on the chair near the ironing board. So.....there you go.
Slept a bit too late again. Like 12, or so.
Elaine: "This..... that we've come such a long way, but we've had to give up all the little benefits."
Lady: "No; what does ironic mean?"
I notice that all the posts for this week have been considerably longer than normal, whereas all the ones for last week were a lot shorter than normal. Isn't that ironic? No. I don't think it is.
Weird, though. It was almost like I had nothing left to blog, and now its like I can't blog enough. Maybe.
Got up just before 8:30. Was thus ready for my shopping in plenty of time. Went to Coles, cos I wanted steak. Didn't buy much, and, as a result, when I got home I realised I'd neglected to buy cheese. And frozen vegetables - although I did look, but couldn't find the one I wanted, which was (I later discovered) Heinz Golden Mix, which corn, red capsicum, onion and some other stuff. It puts all the others that I've had so far to shame. Seriously. I also discovered slightly later on that I only have two tea bags left.
Started watching week 5 of lectures - aren't I dedicated? I am actually considering trying to do some units just for interest sake - so with no assessments, but no credit either. But that's OK - since, really, I think me wanting a degree is only for pride, since I'm not really planning to do anything with it, cept go around saying I also have an arts degree. But I donno..... However, that will also give me more flexibility, so I don't have to do those horrible theology units. And I shouldn't have to worry about prerequisites, so I can hopefully do some more advanced (and thus more interesting) stuff. Like church history, and that. And some more in depth book studies. But, yeah, I guess I'll try one unit like that next semester and see how. I do want to focus on my sax and mandarin, though.
I probably got about 3/4 way through. Then it was 11:30, so I left to go to 13's house for the grand final. Then it turned out it was at War's house instead. Lots of people there, who were being very noisy. And most didn't seem to know much about football, and were very jumping on the bandwagon Eagle supporters. Anyway, I didn't want Sydney to win (cos Barry Hall's an idiot and their defensive style sux), but I thought they would and had bet $5 for them to win by 8 points. So I decided to play Devil's Advocate and cheered for them. Ah....so funny. Especially those last 15 minutes or so; everyone else was like killing themselves with worries. It was very amusing. Anyway, so Dean Cox has got his premiership thingy now, so he can go and retire. Hah.
Went to Ps Benny's Installation Service after that. Was nice to see all these like overseas pastors and that.
I spoke to some guy from the like Planetshakers WA church....Lakeside or something? He knew Swan from TICC days....or not quite. More like from NLCC days. And they said that Ps Benny did some sort of pastoring thing at NLCC.....I tried to tell people that. They didn't believe me.
And then some Ps Steve who sounded American but was from some Singaporean church thing, or so. How super.
Anyway, the worship and that was very powerful....I guess from all those pastors. Hmmmm.....
Watched Sister Act at night. Isn't that just so funny and uplifting? Great. A bit not very Christian though...... I donno..... It just seemed to stand out a bit more than I thought.
Then Sister Act 2 was on. But it looked pretty bad. So I just went and did other stuff, like sorting out my computer by being screwed by Media Player. Which is another thing I'll have to ask V tomorrow.
Managed to find Our Daily Bread in with my clothes to be ironed. I must've picked it up with them when I had the clothes near my bed on Thursday to take them downstairs to put on the chair near the ironing board. So.....there you go.
Slept a bit too late again. Like 12, or so.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home