Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Principal Skinner: "Yes; hail to the bus driver. Bus driver man"

Got up at 6:45. I figured it would be too early - but it wasn't really. Cos while I was finally finishing off my cornflakes, I remembered that I had to present the Webb Martin update, so I had to like review all the stuff. Yeah. Great.

Wore my white tie today. Looks great....but you don't want to touch it. Its stiff, etc.

Made my lunch, but didn't eat it. And I won't eat it tomorrow either. So its gonna be weird by Thursday. Ewww.....

Did that training thing. It was great. Then there was an extremely length discussion, with not only no conclusion but no possibility of one, about the Christmas lunch. People seemed to be inclined towards a boat based thing of some kind - but, really, no-one was putting up much of an opinion one way or the other. Reminds me of something.....

Was helping Mogli with like the same client as last week - they are not good bookkeepers. He seems to be almost done, though. And I'd even say that he's kinda learning something. Maybe.

Went out for lunch at West End Express. There were like 10 of us, and we had to squeeze around these three tiny little tables. I had a steak sandwich, which was nice, but I think it might have been the reason for some.....near accidents later in the day, accompanied just prior by some.....uncomfortable sensations. Say no more.

The afternoon was a bit weird - one of the partner's, Mr South Africa, was trying to teach Mogli and me some words in Zulu, cos the Zulu word for motorcycle and tractor is pronounced like the sound that they make.......or something. So we went to various websites, looking at weird Zulu words. I finally found one with motorcycle, but not tractor. Apparently its idagadaga, or something.....
So that lasted like half an hour. Then he went away for 15 minutes, then came back and started on much the same sort of spiel, this time about chameleons, where Mogli shocked me once again by saying that he'd never even heard of such an animal, and obviously had no idea what it did, with the changing colour and the mobile eyes and the long fast tongue. Mr South Africa used to own some, or so I gathered.
So that was another half an hour. Then it was 5:30. Hah.

Watched The Simpsons, then some more Kill Bill Vol. 2, then Futurama, more Simpsons, more Futurama, and the end of Kill Bill Vol. 2. I watched the short acting credits, where they show the characters and their names with the actors names. And I discovered that the guy who plays the Sheriff who investigates the 'Massacre at Two Pines' in 1 ("she's a blood spattered angel") is the same guy who plays Senor Estaban who directs Beatrix Kiddo (AKA The Bride AKA Black Mamba AKA....Mommy *sigh*) to Bill's house in 2. Fascinating. And then, it appears that his deputy, who calls him 'pa', is his real life son.....
V told me on Sunday that Disney owns Miramax, and that they were angry at Quentin Tarrantino cos he said that Kill Bill is a film that all children should see. Isn't life just full of surprises?

Went to bed about 11. Can sleep in a little tomorrow, cos I don't have to leave until about 8:30 to pick up my mum at 9. Bound to be an interesting day.....I'm probably not prepared.

And finally.....I told Mogli about the significant pain my arm was in, but we still couldn't resist fighting. I'm hoping I managed to hurt him as much as he did me....but I'm not positive about that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home