"I would never have even considered working in construction, and its the best thing I ever did"
I think that's the quote from that No Limits ad.....it may be a little different.....seemed funny to me.....maybe I read too much into this stuff....
Got up about 8, or a little past. Thus I left to go shopping about 8:30. Lots of lovely parking. Didn't buy nothing exciting, though.
Watched more Sopranos. Saw Tony, or some other guy, refer to 'circle the wagons' as a reference to be prepared for some ensuing battle of some sort, having never heard the expression prior to doing some online crossword a day or so ago. But its probably referring to those American old westerner type thingys.
Went to lunch at Tiamos with my parents, who are down for.....Wednesday, apparently. We then decided to go watch some film, and the only thing of interest to me (since the films I really wanted to watch have basically finished their season) was The Devil Wears Prada, which was showing at the local (Windsor) in an hour. So we slowly went over there.......
Were kinda freaked out by the ad outside, since it said it wasn't starting till the 28th....but I did mention a few times that this was an advance screening.
So it was quite a good film........reminded me of In Good Company - not that it was really anything like that, but that sort of film; good to pass some time with, but not something you'd rush out to watch again. I actually thought that Meryl Streep was underused, considering she is the title character. Most of the spite actually came from the surrounding fashion people - although most of them turned out to be redeemed in the end, whereas she proved, if not evil, then at least superficial and proud to the core. I suppose.
Finished season 5 of the Sopranos, then watched the end of Spy Kids 3D (which was really quite bad), then started watching Captain Corelli's Mandolin, which I've wanted to watch ever since I read that Red Dog book by the same guy. And, really, much of the film was in the same sort of vein - all this weird humour stuff. I read a review which said Nicholas Cage was miscast - maybe cos he was very not Italian, but apart from that - he seemed to fit the role perfectly to me. Anyway, I watched about a quarter, maybe, then realised what was inevitably gonna happen, and I needed sleep, so I stopped.
Actually slept about 11-11:30, maybe, but.....
Got up about 8, or a little past. Thus I left to go shopping about 8:30. Lots of lovely parking. Didn't buy nothing exciting, though.
Watched more Sopranos. Saw Tony, or some other guy, refer to 'circle the wagons' as a reference to be prepared for some ensuing battle of some sort, having never heard the expression prior to doing some online crossword a day or so ago. But its probably referring to those American old westerner type thingys.
Went to lunch at Tiamos with my parents, who are down for.....Wednesday, apparently. We then decided to go watch some film, and the only thing of interest to me (since the films I really wanted to watch have basically finished their season) was The Devil Wears Prada, which was showing at the local (Windsor) in an hour. So we slowly went over there.......
Were kinda freaked out by the ad outside, since it said it wasn't starting till the 28th....but I did mention a few times that this was an advance screening.
So it was quite a good film........reminded me of In Good Company - not that it was really anything like that, but that sort of film; good to pass some time with, but not something you'd rush out to watch again. I actually thought that Meryl Streep was underused, considering she is the title character. Most of the spite actually came from the surrounding fashion people - although most of them turned out to be redeemed in the end, whereas she proved, if not evil, then at least superficial and proud to the core. I suppose.
Finished season 5 of the Sopranos, then watched the end of Spy Kids 3D (which was really quite bad), then started watching Captain Corelli's Mandolin, which I've wanted to watch ever since I read that Red Dog book by the same guy. And, really, much of the film was in the same sort of vein - all this weird humour stuff. I read a review which said Nicholas Cage was miscast - maybe cos he was very not Italian, but apart from that - he seemed to fit the role perfectly to me. Anyway, I watched about a quarter, maybe, then realised what was inevitably gonna happen, and I needed sleep, so I stopped.
Actually slept about 11-11:30, maybe, but.....

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home