Friday, September 29, 2006

Homer: "Where's that..... metal deely...... you use to.... dig..... food?"

Got up pretty early.......about 6:30, I think. Cos I was excited, cos we get to wear free dress, cos of the final. Pity I don't care a bit about football.........but I wore my blue jeans and some yellow shirt that I got a few days ago - although it was a bit more yellow than I thought it would be.

I was thus able to finally show Mogli my bruise in person. I have to say, he looked pretty pleased with himself. And my clothes passed the intense fashion test.....so that just makes it all worthwhile now, doesn't it?

Went down to his dad's place. Stayed there about an hour and a bit. Left at 9:40 and went down to another client.

Got there at 10, and paid the payments that could be afforded - which wasn't much. Ah....

So then it was about 11:40, so I went back again. A bus was passing the stop just when I was getting there, so I figured I'd walk back - the first time, since the hill has always put me off. But another person (who shall remain nameless) walked back from the middle of the city carrying a large box, so I figured I'd try it. And it wasn't a wise idea - that's a very steep hill and it was a rather warm day and I was wearing jeans.

I was obviously fairly red by the time I got back - Mogli told me so. Tried to finish off a review, cos I have to go back to the city client on Tuesday, but I didn't quite finish.

Left at 1. Mogli was also finishing at 1 cos of his wedding (no, not HIS wedding....he's gay). Anyway, so he was meeting some people, and his cousin (the one that told him there wasn't a Krispy Kreme in the QANTAS terminal and thus he couldn't bring any back......hmmm) decided at the last moment he was going to drink and not give him a lift. So he asked me to drive him out to Applecross....and I figured I wanted to go to Garbo anyway, so I agreed. Besides, he's going away and I wanted to have a final discussion about crap.

Garbo was pretty crowded, as per usual. I went to Gloria Jeans and got a VVL. Lucky I got it for free by using my 'buy 10 get 1 free' card (and the price has gone up to $4.25 now, so I cheated them. HAH!!!), cos it wasn't up to the usual, admittedly very high, standard.
Then I went to Sanity to get the Red Hot Chili Peppers Greatest Hits. Couldn't see it, so I had to ask. And they had it behind....don't know where else. It was only $17, but I noticed when I got home that it has one less track than V's does. Which is strange.......cos surely there wouldn't be, like, two Australian versions, one with a bonus track. And, if there was, you'd expect the bonus track one to be the later one that there is leftover stock of. Will have to ask V about that........I'll add it to the list. Cos I feel bad about asking him stuff midweek, cos he's obviously very busy. But then it gets to Sunday and I forget stuff.

Had to get petrol on the way back. Ever since I came back from cell on Wednesday from like South street it was on the last flashing square. If I'd remembered, I would've done something about it, but I was almost at the Canning Highway exit when I saw it. So I had to just drive to Garbo hoping that I wouldn't suddenly run out.

Finished watching Casino, which I started a few days ago. The bit in the middle where it goes fuzzy seems to have gotten better, but more widespread. I realised at the end that the bit where he goes to meet Nicky in the middle of the desert seemed to have been completely skipped. Its still great when its got that Animals song playing and everyone getting whacked. Yay! I'm sure that The Departed won't even begin compare.....but I guess its good to go with low expectations. I mean, The Aviator was OK......but only OK.

Watched Shrek on TV while I got KFC in what is becoming a bit of a Friday night tradition. The Tuxedo was on after that, but Jackie Chan's later films just don't cut it.....cept Rush Hour and Shanghai Noon were quite good. Even Rush Hour 2 wasn't that bad, as I recall......unlike Shanghai Knights.

Slept only just before 12. Not really in the plan.....but what you gonna do?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home