Monday, November 28, 2005

Rev. Lovejoy: "Be they Jew, Christian or....miscellaneous"

Apu: "Hindu. There are 700 million of us, you know?"
Rev. Lovejoy: "Ahhh....thats super!"

Woke up at 7. Mainly due to the whole 'alarm' thing. Stayed in bed till about 7:45, cos I knew I had, like, way too much time.
Ended up leaving too late, cos of.....well, nevermind.

Still, got to the Bankwest in Leederville about 9:40 - waited in line for a while. Got to Mt Lawley at 10 - couldn't have done much better, I don't think.

Left at 4:30 - mainly cos I sorta reached a lull in the work stuff.

Got my results for my assignments back - one D and one HD (thats it - there is no numerical grade). I 'm thinking the marking must be like overly-generous one. Esp. since the marker guy say that for the D one, its only a D (not HD) due to formatting things.

It appears my move is now gonna be partly Saturday, and the big stuff next Wednesday, since my dad can't bring his big car up until then. So there might be a kinda interesting like transitional period in there somewhere. Its still not absolutely confirmed where it will be to, too. Definitely somewhere, but maybe not the ideal spot.

Watched Veronica Mars today. Quite a good show - nearly everyone in the show is mean to each other. There were some moments that were way too cheesy, but the lead character is like a Daria/older sister from Ten Things I Hate About You type person, so that makes it quite interesting. Plus, her father, who has a quite small role, is Elliot from Just Shoot Me.

Watched Analyze This after that. Included the Text-801 feature, which is always funny. Its one thing I forgot about non-ratings season - they put movies on during the week. And generally they're not good - ie American Pie was on channel 10, but this was a particularly good night, I guess. I don't remember enjoying it that much the other 1 or 2 times I've seen it. Maybe, due to the contrast with The Sopranos, I enjoy it more? And Robert DeNiro is a much more...likeable/funny mobster than James Gandolfini. I think the problem with Tony is hes too much in denial. Pah...

I'm up to chapter 11 in Joshua. However, the reading has fallen, as has the textbook and the Mandarin. And now the guy reckons this thing might take 2 weeks. Aaargh! My exams in about 2 & a half weeks - I haven't even started the week 13 lectures yet. Plus there's the move - and I have to have the November accounts done by this Sunday.

I wonder if the money's worth it? Though, I guess I can't quit now. At least I can pretty much determine my own hours, and wear what I want - thats a huge bonus. Plus, I don't need to keep timesheets. And its nice to get cash - at least $100 a day so far.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home