Day 54
U2, Stay (Faraway, so close!): "Dressed up, like a car crash"
From my third favourite U2 song - a glorious little line.
Woke up today around 9:15. Had a very hectic morning - due to my...ahem...forgetting to pay salaries on Sunday, and other unforseen circumstances, I had to give one of the staff their cheques today - their fridge had broken down. Finished my shower about 10, and did the required accounting work till 10:20 (while watching 'The Bridges of Madison County'), thinking that they'd be coming here. At 10:20, they asked if I could come out there (to Garbo, again!), so I hurriedly finished it off and drove out there.
I decided, since I was there, to by a new cutter for my razor - since I've had it for probably 2 years without changing. It then turned out that I had to by the cutter with the foil (which I only replaced about a month ago) - $70!
Calmed myself down with a VVL. Though its much better from, say, Carousel than Garbo, it was still rather sweet.
Spent the afternoon up till about 2 finishing off the salary processing, fixing up accounts and doing the provisions. Finished watching 'The Bridges of Madison County', too. It was a quite boring show, about some sort of affair thing - not one I would want to watch again.
Started watching 'Rory and Michelle's High School Reunion' after that, which I wanted cos of Lisa Kudrow, of course. And, lucky for me, she is essentially reprising the Phoebe Buffet type role. Didn't see that much of it, but I quite like it so far. I think the title 'Clueless' would apply better to this show than the actual 'Clueless'. So far, at least.
After my lunch of very dry bread, with bland stuff inbetween, did lesson 19 of Mandarin. Stil doing pretty alright.
Bought a few more songs of itunes, and played some more of AOEII. Progressing very slowly - which is good. Having a challenge is far more interesting than just wandering through.
Finished the birth of monarchy chapter in my book and started the golden age chapter (about David and Solomon 2 Sam 5 - 1 King 12). But I didn't read much of that chapter - only a page or so.
After The Simpsons, started watching 'Amistad'. I quite like it so far, although its not like your typical courtroom drama - it keeps seeming to end, then start up again, then end, then start up again type thing. I'm mainly enjoying it cos of the actors - Anthony Hopkins, Morgan Freeman, Nigel Hawthorne, Pete Postelwaite, and, to a much smaller extent, Matthew Maconaughey.
Went for dinner at snack box.
While there, got a call from the job recruitment guy, who offered me a job doing his personal taxes, for the last three years or so. So, apparently, I start on Friday. For about a week. Interesting.....
Had a thing for FD's birthday/leaving after that. He got an ipod, that, as of now, doesn't seem to be working. But, of course, he didn't read instructions.
Got 1 chapter left in Deuteronomy. So, soon to start Joshua. Which, as I remember, is good in parts, but slow in others.
"Life, don't talk to me about life" - Marvin, the paranoid android. From The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
From my third favourite U2 song - a glorious little line.
Woke up today around 9:15. Had a very hectic morning - due to my...ahem...forgetting to pay salaries on Sunday, and other unforseen circumstances, I had to give one of the staff their cheques today - their fridge had broken down. Finished my shower about 10, and did the required accounting work till 10:20 (while watching 'The Bridges of Madison County'), thinking that they'd be coming here. At 10:20, they asked if I could come out there (to Garbo, again!), so I hurriedly finished it off and drove out there.
I decided, since I was there, to by a new cutter for my razor - since I've had it for probably 2 years without changing. It then turned out that I had to by the cutter with the foil (which I only replaced about a month ago) - $70!
Calmed myself down with a VVL. Though its much better from, say, Carousel than Garbo, it was still rather sweet.
Spent the afternoon up till about 2 finishing off the salary processing, fixing up accounts and doing the provisions. Finished watching 'The Bridges of Madison County', too. It was a quite boring show, about some sort of affair thing - not one I would want to watch again.
Started watching 'Rory and Michelle's High School Reunion' after that, which I wanted cos of Lisa Kudrow, of course. And, lucky for me, she is essentially reprising the Phoebe Buffet type role. Didn't see that much of it, but I quite like it so far. I think the title 'Clueless' would apply better to this show than the actual 'Clueless'. So far, at least.
After my lunch of very dry bread, with bland stuff inbetween, did lesson 19 of Mandarin. Stil doing pretty alright.
Bought a few more songs of itunes, and played some more of AOEII. Progressing very slowly - which is good. Having a challenge is far more interesting than just wandering through.
Finished the birth of monarchy chapter in my book and started the golden age chapter (about David and Solomon 2 Sam 5 - 1 King 12). But I didn't read much of that chapter - only a page or so.
After The Simpsons, started watching 'Amistad'. I quite like it so far, although its not like your typical courtroom drama - it keeps seeming to end, then start up again, then end, then start up again type thing. I'm mainly enjoying it cos of the actors - Anthony Hopkins, Morgan Freeman, Nigel Hawthorne, Pete Postelwaite, and, to a much smaller extent, Matthew Maconaughey.
Went for dinner at snack box.
While there, got a call from the job recruitment guy, who offered me a job doing his personal taxes, for the last three years or so. So, apparently, I start on Friday. For about a week. Interesting.....
Had a thing for FD's birthday/leaving after that. He got an ipod, that, as of now, doesn't seem to be working. But, of course, he didn't read instructions.
Got 1 chapter left in Deuteronomy. So, soon to start Joshua. Which, as I remember, is good in parts, but slow in others.
"Life, don't talk to me about life" - Marvin, the paranoid android. From The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home