Friday, November 25, 2005

"I'm going through a black - hey - capricorn day" - Jamiroquai, Black Capricorn Day

You would notice the change in format for the title of this post. The reason being, technically, (sort of) the constant unemployment thing has been broken, cos I was working today.

Using the above Jamiroquai quote for two reasons:
  1. it is the sort of line that refuses to vacate my head
  2. see below.
So, it appears that my mind was wary that maybe I would have to work today after all. Thus, I was awake around 7:15 when I received the call informing me of the address.

Started at 9, finished at 4. Went to Koorong to buy a stand-alone version of the Apocrypha. Found a particularly nice red cover hardback version for $30 in the NRSV (new revised standard version). I thus now have:
  1. my first bible - green bonded leather, KJV. A present from my first cell (c. mid 1999). Now used as an 'emergency' bible at work.
  2. my second-hand bible - black bonded leather, NKJV. Left in HK's orange 'wonder car' (c. late 1999). Now used for my QT and for my lectures. Is thus the one that I am highlighting and writing on.
  3. my Quest study bible - softback, NIV. A present from B (c. 2000). Now used mainly for cell.
  4. my favourite bible - hardback, The Message. Bought it when it first came out (c. 2002?). Now used for my reading cover-to-cover type thingy. As endorsed by Bono.
  5. my small bible - black bonded leather, clasp front, slightly bigger than pocket sized, rectangular, NKJV. Bought for convenience (c. 2003?). Now used at church on Sundays.
  6. my Apocrypha - red and white, hardback, NRSV. Bought after yearning for it during lectures (c. late 2005). Will be read pretty much straight through, since I know so little about it, but after this OT Survey course is done. I don't know if I'll continue reading the Old Testament then - its likely I'll finish whatever book I'm up to and read the Apocrypha.
I believe, though this is only theory, the next bible I buy will be an audio version. I can feel James Earl Jones calling me with his "Jesus, I am Your Father".

Watched the end of 'Kung Pow'. It was, surprise, surprise, truly terrible. And stupid.

I then booked tickets only for Jamiroquai on 11 December. The entire performance starts at 4, finishing at 10. Jamiroquai comes on at 8. So that will be....interesting. Paid $90 for it. 'Nuff said.

Watched the end of 'The Dinner Game' after corporate prayer. A rather boring show - they never moved out of the one room, and kept almost leaving but coming back. And it wasn't that funny.

"I will praise you continually all the days of my life.
For all the host of heaven sings your praise,
and yours is the glory forever. Amen."
- The Prayer of Manasseh, v. 15
(Apocrypha)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home