"At last.....my love has come along" - Roberta Flack
I'm rarely happy to be woken up less than an hour before my alarm is due to go off. But today, I sprang out of bed at 5:45 to gaze in wonder at the winter weather encroaching on my house. Beautiful!
The moment was slightly spoiled when, looking out my front door, I heard someone nearby yelling swear words into a phone. Yes.....
Got a coffee from the coffee guy. His prices have gone up, again, to $4. And its still pretty crap.
I did find however, since I needed to drink it in a hurry since I couldn't carry a briefcase, an umbrella and drink coffee at the same time, that it tasted much better in gulps. Cos you usually can't gulp, cos its too hot.
So went down to the city client. Stayed there till just before 2 - cos Mogli isn't around so I take my time. Plus I have like no other work to do back at the office. And there was a lot to do.
Took the opportunity to use the bathroom there. Ha! I win!
So went back and did very little for the last two hours.
The boy's bathroom is now done, but now they are working on the women's one and I am still averse to shared facilities.
Journey home took ages. As you'd expect.
I thus missed an ebay auction which closed at about 5:25 and lost by $1, of course. I should've planned ahead and increased my bid, at least a little. I knew I wouldn't win with like a $2 buffer.
Watched Friends, then the final two episodes of Dilbert. Cos it was a two-parter.
Played a little Wii. The temperature is right....but only just. I still don't have the stamina for boxing.
Did a little ironing. Good temperature for that.
Started watching The French Connection. So far I've had to rewind about 10 minutes cos I think I missed quite a bit of the plot. The sound is too inconsistent.
Played some AOEII.
The moment was slightly spoiled when, looking out my front door, I heard someone nearby yelling swear words into a phone. Yes.....
Got a coffee from the coffee guy. His prices have gone up, again, to $4. And its still pretty crap.
I did find however, since I needed to drink it in a hurry since I couldn't carry a briefcase, an umbrella and drink coffee at the same time, that it tasted much better in gulps. Cos you usually can't gulp, cos its too hot.
So went down to the city client. Stayed there till just before 2 - cos Mogli isn't around so I take my time. Plus I have like no other work to do back at the office. And there was a lot to do.
Took the opportunity to use the bathroom there. Ha! I win!
So went back and did very little for the last two hours.
The boy's bathroom is now done, but now they are working on the women's one and I am still averse to shared facilities.
Journey home took ages. As you'd expect.
I thus missed an ebay auction which closed at about 5:25 and lost by $1, of course. I should've planned ahead and increased my bid, at least a little. I knew I wouldn't win with like a $2 buffer.
Watched Friends, then the final two episodes of Dilbert. Cos it was a two-parter.
Played a little Wii. The temperature is right....but only just. I still don't have the stamina for boxing.
Did a little ironing. Good temperature for that.
Started watching The French Connection. So far I've had to rewind about 10 minutes cos I think I missed quite a bit of the plot. The sound is too inconsistent.
Played some AOEII.

2 Comments:
You know what you should do? Order a cup of coffee that has an umbrella in it.
I was actually thinking of inventing a briefcase that has an umbrella attached, like with some sort of metallic arm thingy.
But umbrellas are pretty naff as they are, so I'm sure that one like that would be extremely naff.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home