Carsten Bartens
Yes, good ol' Carsten!
For those who don't know, Mr Bartens is Welsh. He's not happy that a cotton bud was stuck in his son's ear for 9 years rendering him half deaf until one day it fell out when he was playing pool.
But I am. Cos it provided me with much amusement when I read the story this morning. Its not often you see a name like that. And the best part is its like a Moe the bartender prank phone call gag - cos they mention the son 'Jerome Bartens' and then at the bottom of the article they mention the father 'Carsten' and later mistakenly refer to him as 'Mr Carsten' and so you go 'wait a mo, that's not his surname' and then you discover his name must be 'Carsten Bartens' and man I can't get over how funny that is.
Is it just me?
Did more shopping at lunch, after watching a bit of Ellen. She's going on and on about how its her 50th birthday well lah di dah isn't that just great I mean fantastic she's getting old and obviously got nothing left to talk about so lets just drag this out as long as possible and gee look at all these great guests I've got today by the way see there's this boy who beat up an intruder wow super what a celebrity and then there's these three women who met on the internet and helped each other lose wait isn't that just great and not a complete waste of my time and there's the odd washed up actor or something who nobody outside of some tiny mid-western town in the US has even heard of let alone know what on earth is it that they do just shoot me now and save me the pain of it all please.
Anyway, good for her!
For those who don't know, Mr Bartens is Welsh. He's not happy that a cotton bud was stuck in his son's ear for 9 years rendering him half deaf until one day it fell out when he was playing pool.
But I am. Cos it provided me with much amusement when I read the story this morning. Its not often you see a name like that. And the best part is its like a Moe the bartender prank phone call gag - cos they mention the son 'Jerome Bartens' and then at the bottom of the article they mention the father 'Carsten' and later mistakenly refer to him as 'Mr Carsten' and so you go 'wait a mo, that's not his surname' and then you discover his name must be 'Carsten Bartens' and man I can't get over how funny that is.
Is it just me?
Did more shopping at lunch, after watching a bit of Ellen. She's going on and on about how its her 50th birthday well lah di dah isn't that just great I mean fantastic she's getting old and obviously got nothing left to talk about so lets just drag this out as long as possible and gee look at all these great guests I've got today by the way see there's this boy who beat up an intruder wow super what a celebrity and then there's these three women who met on the internet and helped each other lose wait isn't that just great and not a complete waste of my time and there's the odd washed up actor or something who nobody outside of some tiny mid-western town in the US has even heard of let alone know what on earth is it that they do just shoot me now and save me the pain of it all please.
Anyway, good for her!
After shopping, got a latte from Cafe Vero. Decided pretty much not to go back there if possible, cos, really, their coffees not that good. Plus the lady said it was $3.80, when the menu says its only $3.40 (a machiato is $3.80) and I gave her $5.80 and she put my money in the till then ran out the back and I just stood there for 5 minutes waiting for my change and she never came back.
Did like 95% chargeable today. What a breakthrough! Oh. Yeah.
Left in a hurry and once again (like yesterday) forgot my shopping and had to go back around to get it.
Then traffic was INSANE - took my more than half an hour to drive home.
Watched The Simpsons, then Friends.
Watched some more Dilbert. Another two episodes or so. Its not easy to watch too many at once....
Played a bit of Wii tennis, baseball, bowling and golf.
I don't believe it - still 30+ (and, it seems, ever shall be) - but they're predicting rain! So far, Sunday THROUGH Thursday!!!!
Still my beating heart!
Did like 95% chargeable today. What a breakthrough! Oh. Yeah.
Left in a hurry and once again (like yesterday) forgot my shopping and had to go back around to get it.
Then traffic was INSANE - took my more than half an hour to drive home.
Watched The Simpsons, then Friends.
Watched some more Dilbert. Another two episodes or so. Its not easy to watch too many at once....
Played a bit of Wii tennis, baseball, bowling and golf.
I don't believe it - still 30+ (and, it seems, ever shall be) - but they're predicting rain! So far, Sunday THROUGH Thursday!!!!
Still my beating heart!

6 Comments:
Because... people in their mid-30s get to liking rain a lot?
Hey-Oooooo!
I believe the correct expression is:
Hi-Orrrr!
Zing!
Zazz!
Zork!
Anyway, that's how they spelled it on the subtitles... stupid robots.
Well, its like they say...
If you can't trust the subtitle spelling robots, who can you trust?
Hmm - are the Koreans the good guys or bad?
I am a washing machine - do as I say! Heh heh heh.
At least its something different from all this 'made in China' stuff.
And its good to see Koreans with careers, anyway.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home