Tales of the unexpected....
Its casual attitude day. So I didn't shave.
Got a lift with Mogli again, although I wasn't sure about it from what he'd said the day before - lucky he rang at like - I donno - when I was in the shower... But I did only get up at 7. Cos even though I slept so early last night I was still tired. And quite evidently ill now.
Then he had made plans to go to Edo for lunch (I donno whats up with him and that place, since he uses the $4.50 lunch special as an excuse and never orders it) with WAB? and 911, and WAB? ended up inviting NewGirl who ended up accepting, which was kinda weird. Maybe there's some thing going on there....
Anyway, I had work to do, at least. Though I didn't really do a lot of it (which is probably a good thing, cos there's not THAT much) cos of the whole illness thingy.
So, went for lunch. I had chicken katsu roll and coffee. Which - y'know - weird combination but its OK. I think I had too much soy sauce, actually. I guess I can taste more than I thought. And the wasabi didn't help none, neither.
Then they had to drop me back home, and they were late, of course. At least, they would've been.
So I finally saw the last bit of Once Upon a Time in America. The ending was actually a bit confusing, cos they didn't show the main thing where everybody dies, although you know what happened already. Just too anticlimatical, I guess.
Still, its certainly an epic, full of classic feeling like stuff and not boring - makes me wonder why its not more widely mentioned about. Though I'm probably just missing it. I think its almost second to the Godfather in terms of there don't seem to be any scenes that don't mean anything.
At least, mob movie related.
Then I watched episode 4 of The Sopranos season 6 part II. Which is probably the best of this 'section' so far. Actually, I'd say that they're getting better as they go along. And that, surprisingly, they don't seem to be just racing in one predictable direction, but its really just as (seemingly) disjointed as ever.
And then, completely out of the blue, Dewey called and said that Solo was on a 5 hour transit back to Singapore and wanted to have dinner. So, of course, I had to excuse myself cos I was going for that world leader's conference...
Decided I couldn't wait any longer, since The White Stripes album is released in mid June and the first single is released here at like exactly the same time, despite it being in the US since mid April. So I downloaded that (Icky Thump - the first time the single is the album title, incidentally). And its weird for a first single - its 4.5 minutes long, with only about 3 verses and no chorus sung quite fast style - but its mainly just the bassy drums and really electric guitar with Jack White just doing his fancy playing thing, really. Such an improvement on that last album - I just hope the other songs are along the same lines.
And the Powderfinger single, cos I already know I'm gonna buy the album, anyway, so buying the single too is such a waste of money. I have to say, its quite unimpressive, really. So much like (in style) to their last single (the first one from the best of) - Bless My Soul - but that one was quite a bit better.
And then, cos they're Asian, and one has been out of the country for about 7 years and the other doesn't like imposing herself ever, Dewey and Solo both came to my house first straight from the airport, and thus we went to Tiamo's, since it was the closest and we figured it was a nice night and decided to walk. Forgot about the impending rain - but that was a good thing, cos it didn't happen anyway.
I had this chicken with spicy sauce - pretty darn tasty. Then I had a Vienna with a florentine (cos they only had those or Anzacs) and that wasn't so great.
Incidental really - I think I still have problems with Solo, partly of cos cos I don't see him very often, but I still think I can't really relate on a relatable level cos he's on such another plane. So I just sit there and be all nervous and stuff. Sort of. I donno. Its weird.
Anyway, so he was tired after that so just went back to Dewey's place to watch TV, or something. I watched episode 5 of The Sopranos season 6 part II, which is still getting better, although I thought the shooting bit could've been done better, and then I slept cos I had my cold and wanted sleep but kinda had to wake up sort of early. Which is why it was early.
So that was about 10:30, probably. Maybe a bit later.
Got a lift with Mogli again, although I wasn't sure about it from what he'd said the day before - lucky he rang at like - I donno - when I was in the shower... But I did only get up at 7. Cos even though I slept so early last night I was still tired. And quite evidently ill now.
Then he had made plans to go to Edo for lunch (I donno whats up with him and that place, since he uses the $4.50 lunch special as an excuse and never orders it) with WAB? and 911, and WAB? ended up inviting NewGirl who ended up accepting, which was kinda weird. Maybe there's some thing going on there....
Anyway, I had work to do, at least. Though I didn't really do a lot of it (which is probably a good thing, cos there's not THAT much) cos of the whole illness thingy.
So, went for lunch. I had chicken katsu roll and coffee. Which - y'know - weird combination but its OK. I think I had too much soy sauce, actually. I guess I can taste more than I thought. And the wasabi didn't help none, neither.
Then they had to drop me back home, and they were late, of course. At least, they would've been.
So I finally saw the last bit of Once Upon a Time in America. The ending was actually a bit confusing, cos they didn't show the main thing where everybody dies, although you know what happened already. Just too anticlimatical, I guess.
Still, its certainly an epic, full of classic feeling like stuff and not boring - makes me wonder why its not more widely mentioned about. Though I'm probably just missing it. I think its almost second to the Godfather in terms of there don't seem to be any scenes that don't mean anything.
At least, mob movie related.
Then I watched episode 4 of The Sopranos season 6 part II. Which is probably the best of this 'section' so far. Actually, I'd say that they're getting better as they go along. And that, surprisingly, they don't seem to be just racing in one predictable direction, but its really just as (seemingly) disjointed as ever.
And then, completely out of the blue, Dewey called and said that Solo was on a 5 hour transit back to Singapore and wanted to have dinner. So, of course, I had to excuse myself cos I was going for that world leader's conference...
Decided I couldn't wait any longer, since The White Stripes album is released in mid June and the first single is released here at like exactly the same time, despite it being in the US since mid April. So I downloaded that (Icky Thump - the first time the single is the album title, incidentally). And its weird for a first single - its 4.5 minutes long, with only about 3 verses and no chorus sung quite fast style - but its mainly just the bassy drums and really electric guitar with Jack White just doing his fancy playing thing, really. Such an improvement on that last album - I just hope the other songs are along the same lines.
And the Powderfinger single, cos I already know I'm gonna buy the album, anyway, so buying the single too is such a waste of money. I have to say, its quite unimpressive, really. So much like (in style) to their last single (the first one from the best of) - Bless My Soul - but that one was quite a bit better.
And then, cos they're Asian, and one has been out of the country for about 7 years and the other doesn't like imposing herself ever, Dewey and Solo both came to my house first straight from the airport, and thus we went to Tiamo's, since it was the closest and we figured it was a nice night and decided to walk. Forgot about the impending rain - but that was a good thing, cos it didn't happen anyway.
I had this chicken with spicy sauce - pretty darn tasty. Then I had a Vienna with a florentine (cos they only had those or Anzacs) and that wasn't so great.
Incidental really - I think I still have problems with Solo, partly of cos cos I don't see him very often, but I still think I can't really relate on a relatable level cos he's on such another plane. So I just sit there and be all nervous and stuff. Sort of. I donno. Its weird.
Anyway, so he was tired after that so just went back to Dewey's place to watch TV, or something. I watched episode 5 of The Sopranos season 6 part II, which is still getting better, although I thought the shooting bit could've been done better, and then I slept cos I had my cold and wanted sleep but kinda had to wake up sort of early. Which is why it was early.
So that was about 10:30, probably. Maybe a bit later.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home