Saturday, May 05, 2007

"Welcome to the jungle..." - Guns N' Roses

A reference to the myriad of people. Actually, it was more like a zoo.

Got up about 9. It was very dark. Could've been any time, really. That's what you get for sleeping in an attic.

Had a shower and a bit of toast. Then I had just started on tea when the first of the other rellos turned up, being my mum's youngest sister, her two youngest children and the youngest's boyfriend. She (aunt A) said that most of the rest (of the adults, at least) would be over soon to collect the huge wad of beef, which was being cooked on a webber and would thus take 4 hours. It was about 10 by this time.

Then along came the rest considerably later (being aunt A's husband, aunt G and her husband), and there was much confusion. Then they all left with meat, gas bottle and considerable other food and cutlery. Due to the fact that lunch was now not going to be till 2+, we all decided to hang around the house a bit more.

Went for a bit of a walk down the back, where there wasn't much change except for lots more green. I was expecting the dam to be half full, but it was only a bit more muddy at the bottom. There was a lot of fungus though, which was nice. "Fungicide? Fungus?" from Seinfeld was all I could think of.
Then I read a bit more of the Silmarillion, but not much more cos people were talking and I found it 'hard to concentrate', as Red Hot Chili Peppers would say.

Then we all went over, at about 12:30, I guess. The weather was threatening, but it didn't rain. So we were all outside for most of the time, except for the aunts etc, who seemed to enjoy being stressed out in the kitchen - a case of too many cooks, probably. A little while later, up turned cousin C, her partner and her 4 children - my second cousins (I think).
Saw some tame forest chickens.
Spoke to Mogli about bad work. Phone ran out of batteries in the middle of the conversation, so had to ring back on dad's phone. Resolved that we should try to find a new job for both of us together somewhere else.
In the middle of that conversation as well, I finished the coke that I was drinking, and tipped out the drips, which caused all 10 forest chickens to come rushing up and hang around. Yes. Extra confirmation that chickens are really quite stoopid.
Cousin L and her friend finally showed up after being lost - and people weren't surprised.

Had lunch then, consisting of webbered beef and various amounts of other dishes. There was, of course, way too much food.
Then there was cake and another cake, and my mum got some presents, including a digital camera which was from me and my brother. Of course, she had problems using it...

Then we continued hanging around till the late evening. I was talking with the uncles (two directly, two in-law) about stuff. There was a lot of debate about fate vs. luck. Which is really quite pointless, cos, unless you have an answer (like me) its just pure speculation. Still, both uncle J (on fate) and uncle P (on luck) were utterly convinced they were right. Nevermind....

Watched Rockwiz. I didn't have any idea about any answer. Left after that.

Read to the end of the second book in The Silmarillion. It really was quite short....
Slept about 11.

And now a picture of the Ryan clan. Minus uncle D, who couldn't make it. Note that my mum should be in the middle, but, apparently, it had to be colour balanced...
Also note the 'special candles' on the cake at the top. Um....specialness. Yes....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home