Retirement - Because you've given so much of yourself to the company that you don't have anything left we can use.
May's entry from the Demotivational calendar.
I'd just like to say congratulations to Perth for almost doubling its average rainfall for April (like 70+ compared to 42), making it the wettest April for 5 years. But what's depressing about that (for me) is that the average for May is like 119, or something - so really, 70+ don't mean goose-pimples in terms of that we're all still going dry up and die slowly and painfully of thirst, after getting really bad headaches. On the flip side, all those people that don't like rain are gonna be really, really complaining if we even have average rainfall for winter.
As that Fiddler on the Roof guy said when told that riches was a curse:
"May the Lord strike me with it. And may I never recover!"
I'm praying for a Noah experience, myself....
And speaking of winter, and its greatest identifier of freezing weather, it hasn't, incidentally started yet. I'm always worried that this year its not gonna be cold cos I look that its like 22 and I'm still wearing shorts fairly comfortably. But its still got a month to go, really. And it always manages to shock me with its eventual freezingness.
My exercise routine has taken a sudden setback - apparently I forgot to set my alarm this morning. I was actually awake really early (somehow), but I assumed it was earlier, so I was waiting for the alarm to go off and it didn't, so I looked at the time and it was 6:50. Oy veh!
Well, my mentee Mogli is away studying for his exam on Thursday, so it was an even more exciting day than usual.
Got a coffee from the coffee guy. It probably wasn't as bad as the usual. But I only drank about half and then it was cold.
Read a chapter of The Silmarillion at lunch. Gee, it was pretty dull. Why can't they just have the big war to end all wars already?
Nothing going on in the afternoon, as the morning. I was planning to do a FBT return, and then it turned out that our tax software hasn't been updated. So, great.
Left at 5. Hurriedly. They said the lift wasn't working - like I cared.
Watched The Simpsons, then Big Brother, then more Simpsons. And all those Simpsons pretty much sucked big time.
And I discovered that Christian Girl on Big Brother is actually a Mormon. Bah! And to think I've been subconsciously on her side all this time. Evil heathen....
Hung out my washing amidst threatening clouds and 99% humidity smelling air. Oh well. What can you do?
Watched some Seinfeld, which was the commentary on The Pez Dispenser, and then the special on Kramer vs. Kramer. Which was about, um, Kramer. Not abortion, or praying in schools, or whatever it was that that case was about.
And I managed to write another paragraph or so of my story. Its such a nice feeling that I get when I get back into writing it. Damn! Why can't I have talent? Then again, look at Bryce Courtney.... Or Mills and Boon, for goodness sake!
Slept about 10:30. It was later than I was planning. Oh well. Time ain't on my side, I guess.
I'd just like to say congratulations to Perth for almost doubling its average rainfall for April (like 70+ compared to 42), making it the wettest April for 5 years. But what's depressing about that (for me) is that the average for May is like 119, or something - so really, 70+ don't mean goose-pimples in terms of that we're all still going dry up and die slowly and painfully of thirst, after getting really bad headaches. On the flip side, all those people that don't like rain are gonna be really, really complaining if we even have average rainfall for winter.
As that Fiddler on the Roof guy said when told that riches was a curse:
"May the Lord strike me with it. And may I never recover!"
I'm praying for a Noah experience, myself....
And speaking of winter, and its greatest identifier of freezing weather, it hasn't, incidentally started yet. I'm always worried that this year its not gonna be cold cos I look that its like 22 and I'm still wearing shorts fairly comfortably. But its still got a month to go, really. And it always manages to shock me with its eventual freezingness.
My exercise routine has taken a sudden setback - apparently I forgot to set my alarm this morning. I was actually awake really early (somehow), but I assumed it was earlier, so I was waiting for the alarm to go off and it didn't, so I looked at the time and it was 6:50. Oy veh!
Well, my mentee Mogli is away studying for his exam on Thursday, so it was an even more exciting day than usual.
Got a coffee from the coffee guy. It probably wasn't as bad as the usual. But I only drank about half and then it was cold.
Read a chapter of The Silmarillion at lunch. Gee, it was pretty dull. Why can't they just have the big war to end all wars already?
Nothing going on in the afternoon, as the morning. I was planning to do a FBT return, and then it turned out that our tax software hasn't been updated. So, great.
Left at 5. Hurriedly. They said the lift wasn't working - like I cared.
Watched The Simpsons, then Big Brother, then more Simpsons. And all those Simpsons pretty much sucked big time.
And I discovered that Christian Girl on Big Brother is actually a Mormon. Bah! And to think I've been subconsciously on her side all this time. Evil heathen....
Hung out my washing amidst threatening clouds and 99% humidity smelling air. Oh well. What can you do?
Watched some Seinfeld, which was the commentary on The Pez Dispenser, and then the special on Kramer vs. Kramer. Which was about, um, Kramer. Not abortion, or praying in schools, or whatever it was that that case was about.
And I managed to write another paragraph or so of my story. Its such a nice feeling that I get when I get back into writing it. Damn! Why can't I have talent? Then again, look at Bryce Courtney.... Or Mills and Boon, for goodness sake!
Slept about 10:30. It was later than I was planning. Oh well. Time ain't on my side, I guess.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home