"Schumann went mad from one note - couldn't get it out of his head. I think it was an A" - Seinfeld
Had a dream about NewGirl reading my blog and thinking everything was a joke, as she seems to. Perhaps. Shows how bored I was yesterday - I just can't think of anything else now.
Got up about 6:15, or so. Spent a long time trying to make it so my legs wouldn't hurt. It didn't really work...
I also figured that since I was gonna be walking down to the city that I didn't need to do as long. So I didn't. Yeah, it was so worth it.
Had some more porridge. I think I made it a little better. Sweet.
Got to work about 7:40 and left straight away so I could walk really slow. Its still just not quite cold enough, though. I almost got a coffee - lucky I didn't. The lift worked on the way up, but it doesn't seem to want to be called from our floor, so I walked down the other stairs. Interesting.
Tried to stay as long as I could at the city client, but they still didn't have the stuff I wanted up to date up to date, so I left about 1:45. Still, managed to take some breaks and eat some muffins. Also had a nice long chat to Mogli (AKA Minty) cos he had finished his CPA exam. Ironically (or perhaps subconsciously) he rang just after I'd finished having the muffins (which I thought were apple, though they had no pieces of apple in them - lovely!) where I was chatting with the finance guy - AKA, the guy from Hey Hey its Saturday - about how crappy the two accounting professions actually are.
Got back at 2:15 and had lunch. Then I came out at 2:45, and there was some probably new graduate person being shown around, whose name was Leny, or something similar. Apparently she wants to be a partner. Yeah - just wait a while, as Red would say; maybe that's because he's Irish?
There was much controversial talk in the afternoon. So maybe we should just forget that.
Suffice to say that the liveliest conversation of the day in the firm involving me concerned my shock that the teabag jar was filled with decaffeinated Tetley! Ew - no caffeine? So I went and voiced my utter disgust to NewGirl, who informed me how angry she was with whoever it was that filled up the jar - since they were her teabags, and she'd only ever drunk decaffeinated. She also had some tin of Milo. So now we're both angry. Great. I ended up having another cup, since obviously the first one didn't do no good. And, of course, that one didn't do no good, neither. Ai. Its gonna kill me.
Left at 5, due to my shortened lunchbreak.
Watched The Simpsons. I've said my bit about that.
Tried to tell Mogli as much gossip as possible, since he was finally in a receptive mood. But not much has really happened, so... Gee, tomorrow is gonna be so different. Giving me a lift in the morning, too. Crazyness.
Watched Big Brother. As Mogli says, you know its just wasting your time, but you can't keep yourself away. Not at the moment, anyway.
Watched a bit more of Once Upon a Time in America, so there's only an hour left to go, now. And, I guess its all about to come crashing down, cos things have been going pretty well, so far.
Watched My Name is Earl, which was pretty good, though not one of the best. Better than last week, anyway. I liked Joy's 'happy angry' bit, and was especially impressed with the subtle inclusion of Time After Time (in Spanish) - Randy's breakup song from a previous episode. A lot of the rest was just cheap slapstick humour. But.... oh well.
Had a talk with V sometime in there, who, just like Sunday, seemed to be on the verge of saying something but then not. Sometimes I think he's a lot more like me than he appears at other times....
Anyway, so he said that he might know of some rentable place. So, that's nice, then.
Watched SVU, which was another better than usual episode for this season, but it just can't compare to the previous ones I've seen. The honeymoon's over, I think.... only lasted 7 years, or so. But that means I'll have to find a new crime drama, and I don't like my choices. Unless I go back to Criminal Intent. Oy veh. Otherwise? Numbers, CSI, NCIS? Ewwwww.
Wrote another paragraph of my story. Its amazing, really.
Slept past 11.
Got up about 6:15, or so. Spent a long time trying to make it so my legs wouldn't hurt. It didn't really work...
I also figured that since I was gonna be walking down to the city that I didn't need to do as long. So I didn't. Yeah, it was so worth it.
Had some more porridge. I think I made it a little better. Sweet.
Got to work about 7:40 and left straight away so I could walk really slow. Its still just not quite cold enough, though. I almost got a coffee - lucky I didn't. The lift worked on the way up, but it doesn't seem to want to be called from our floor, so I walked down the other stairs. Interesting.
Tried to stay as long as I could at the city client, but they still didn't have the stuff I wanted up to date up to date, so I left about 1:45. Still, managed to take some breaks and eat some muffins. Also had a nice long chat to Mogli (AKA Minty) cos he had finished his CPA exam. Ironically (or perhaps subconsciously) he rang just after I'd finished having the muffins (which I thought were apple, though they had no pieces of apple in them - lovely!) where I was chatting with the finance guy - AKA, the guy from Hey Hey its Saturday - about how crappy the two accounting professions actually are.
Got back at 2:15 and had lunch. Then I came out at 2:45, and there was some probably new graduate person being shown around, whose name was Leny, or something similar. Apparently she wants to be a partner. Yeah - just wait a while, as Red would say; maybe that's because he's Irish?
There was much controversial talk in the afternoon. So maybe we should just forget that.
Suffice to say that the liveliest conversation of the day in the firm involving me concerned my shock that the teabag jar was filled with decaffeinated Tetley! Ew - no caffeine? So I went and voiced my utter disgust to NewGirl, who informed me how angry she was with whoever it was that filled up the jar - since they were her teabags, and she'd only ever drunk decaffeinated. She also had some tin of Milo. So now we're both angry. Great. I ended up having another cup, since obviously the first one didn't do no good. And, of course, that one didn't do no good, neither. Ai. Its gonna kill me.
Left at 5, due to my shortened lunchbreak.
Watched The Simpsons. I've said my bit about that.
Tried to tell Mogli as much gossip as possible, since he was finally in a receptive mood. But not much has really happened, so... Gee, tomorrow is gonna be so different. Giving me a lift in the morning, too. Crazyness.
Watched Big Brother. As Mogli says, you know its just wasting your time, but you can't keep yourself away. Not at the moment, anyway.
Watched a bit more of Once Upon a Time in America, so there's only an hour left to go, now. And, I guess its all about to come crashing down, cos things have been going pretty well, so far.
Watched My Name is Earl, which was pretty good, though not one of the best. Better than last week, anyway. I liked Joy's 'happy angry' bit, and was especially impressed with the subtle inclusion of Time After Time (in Spanish) - Randy's breakup song from a previous episode. A lot of the rest was just cheap slapstick humour. But.... oh well.
Had a talk with V sometime in there, who, just like Sunday, seemed to be on the verge of saying something but then not. Sometimes I think he's a lot more like me than he appears at other times....
Anyway, so he said that he might know of some rentable place. So, that's nice, then.
Watched SVU, which was another better than usual episode for this season, but it just can't compare to the previous ones I've seen. The honeymoon's over, I think.... only lasted 7 years, or so. But that means I'll have to find a new crime drama, and I don't like my choices. Unless I go back to Criminal Intent. Oy veh. Otherwise? Numbers, CSI, NCIS? Ewwwww.
Wrote another paragraph of my story. Its amazing, really.
Slept past 11.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home