Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Bart: "I coulda been president but I'm too real"

I never knew that sticker on my wallet was a quote from an actual episode. Its especially confusing, though, cos this is a vision of future Bart (the honorary secretary for keeping it real), and the picture of him on that sticker is current Bart.
And, damn, Matt's referencing stoopid Stanley Kubrick again, with the ghosts in the bar scene from The Shining. And I was just talking about 2001 today (with some other Matt) and how stupidly impossible it would be to have a conversation with an 8 minute delay.

Got up about 6:40. Which was nice. Not sure why....
I was thus ready way too early. Even making lunch, it was still before 7:30. Went to work anyway, after posting some long overdue letters.
Ended up starting work before 8. Ew.... Still, I slackened off after 8:15, so that was OK.

Had long training. It really just went on and on. In an uncomfortable sort of way. That, and the stuffy boardroom.

Went down to Mogli's dad's place after that. Spent most of the time trying to get administrator privileges on the machine so I could try and siphon some money off to my overseas accounts. And if you don't know what siphon means, look it up on dictionary.com, cos they use almost the exact same example there.
Anyway, it didn't work, cos he was still angry at me cos Mogli had told me to call him an idiot, and he didn't really think it was funny.

Came back just in time for lunch. Thank god for that, eh?

And in the afternoon, I finished off some superfund. Well, actually not quite. But it was close.

Left at 5. I had to, see, cos I was giving Mogli back his computer. So, I mean, I wanted to stay at work, really. These circumstances are beyond my control.

Watched The Simpsons, but that was it. Cos I had threatening emails from church people re: accounts, so I had to finish them off. And I didn't. But I got close.

Slept about 10:30.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home