Stonecutter Plumber: "Well, the parts won't arrive for at least a month. And that's if I order them today. Which I won't."
How ironic....
Got up about 9 or something.
Tried ringing the computer place again, where someone eventually managed to tell me that they were in the process of building a new system, but no-one had told me about it. So, yeah.
Watched Memento, partly while I was planning to iron some black shirt from like 2 weeks ago, but it had all these washing stains on it, anyway, so that was pointless.
Mainly wanted to watch it just so I could refresh my memory so I can watch it in chronological order sometime later. Hah.
Then I was just about to go and do shopping when the main computer guy (finally) rang back and said that it was basically done. So I left at about 1:45 to take the old one out there.
Everything was done by 4, so I must've hung around there for like 1:30+. How time doesn't fly when you're just standing around waiting for data to transfer....
And I overheard that the old next door store was being liquidated. So that just fills me with confidence. This damn machine had better work now.
So I got back and was pretty much forced (by time) to go shopping straight away. Bought peanut M&M's. But not much else interesting. However, I was feeling very starving.
So got back and started transferring data between harddrives, cos the new big one is now partitioned. And that was gonna take like 75 minutes, which was more time that I had before going to a birthday.
Watched part of the derby. Bah. Football. Well, the Dockers just suck. As if we needed further proof.
So went for birthday party thing at Jade Restaurant in Northbridge. And I got to be a part of the 'happy table', which was mainly three uncles who were toasting everything and generally being boisterous. And every time another uncle came wandering over he had to toast as well. And, of course, there were an extra two of those loud Chinese toast thingys, above and beyond the three involving everybody.
The guy next to me was trying to convince me to join their soccer team on Sunday afternoons - which appears to be made of the old(er) people. He was also volunteering to lead everyone home so they could escape the breathalyser.
Got home about 10:30. My computer had finished copying (great) so I tried iTunes, and, even though I had to reinstall it, it had kept all my ratings. Hooray! Now I just have to go through them and copy them to the other ones.....ai.
Slept past 1. Due to the above.
Got up about 9 or something.
Tried ringing the computer place again, where someone eventually managed to tell me that they were in the process of building a new system, but no-one had told me about it. So, yeah.
Watched Memento, partly while I was planning to iron some black shirt from like 2 weeks ago, but it had all these washing stains on it, anyway, so that was pointless.
Mainly wanted to watch it just so I could refresh my memory so I can watch it in chronological order sometime later. Hah.
Then I was just about to go and do shopping when the main computer guy (finally) rang back and said that it was basically done. So I left at about 1:45 to take the old one out there.
Everything was done by 4, so I must've hung around there for like 1:30+. How time doesn't fly when you're just standing around waiting for data to transfer....
And I overheard that the old next door store was being liquidated. So that just fills me with confidence. This damn machine had better work now.
So I got back and was pretty much forced (by time) to go shopping straight away. Bought peanut M&M's. But not much else interesting. However, I was feeling very starving.
So got back and started transferring data between harddrives, cos the new big one is now partitioned. And that was gonna take like 75 minutes, which was more time that I had before going to a birthday.
Watched part of the derby. Bah. Football. Well, the Dockers just suck. As if we needed further proof.
So went for birthday party thing at Jade Restaurant in Northbridge. And I got to be a part of the 'happy table', which was mainly three uncles who were toasting everything and generally being boisterous. And every time another uncle came wandering over he had to toast as well. And, of course, there were an extra two of those loud Chinese toast thingys, above and beyond the three involving everybody.
The guy next to me was trying to convince me to join their soccer team on Sunday afternoons - which appears to be made of the old(er) people. He was also volunteering to lead everyone home so they could escape the breathalyser.
Got home about 10:30. My computer had finished copying (great) so I tried iTunes, and, even though I had to reinstall it, it had kept all my ratings. Hooray! Now I just have to go through them and copy them to the other ones.....ai.
Slept past 1. Due to the above.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home