Thursday, October 05, 2006

Marge: "Homer, we'd like to talk to you"

Homer: "But then I won't be watching TV! You can see the bind I'm in."

Finally woke up at a relatively normal time (7), so I had time to make lunch - but my rolls were mouldy. So, great.

Got another latte with 1.5 from the coffee guy - I said I'll have my usual and he didn't know what it was.
Went down to the city client again to pay some of their bills. Then it turned out that they couldn't afford it, anyway. Waited around about an hour for them to finish some invoice, but they didn't do it so I left just before 12.

Had to buy lunch again - got the roast beef roll this time. Was pretty chunky and tasty - I got the good girl, as Mogli would say - the daughter of Mr More Chip. At least, we assume that - its probably a racist thing.

Mogli wanted me to keep an eye on his desk this week, so I sent him an email about it cos there was a certain person who seemed to be 'borrowing' some stationery. I know he'll be pleased - he loves it when people take 'his' stuff.

Then the same person was making jokes about how they should pay me less. I tried very hard to pretend it was funny.

Watched The Simpsons, then I was watching the Sopranos from last night, so I missed half of Futurama. Then I watched the rest of the Sopranos. So interesting........yet so different. Its weird.

Then it was My Name is Earl. A quite good episode - though the ending was predictable. I still think that with better writing it could be so much better. Still, it hasn't become stale yet, which is a good sign.

I watched most of Red Dragon then. Good, but not great, yeah.

Then I watched most of Ronnie Johns. But it really wasn't good, so I stopped about half way through.

I saw that ANZ security ad again, and I know its supposed to be like a joke, or whatever, but there's two things that strike me as, perhaps ironic:
  1. He takes the proper key to open the door after all the complicated security measures, but, even though its the right key, it doesn't open the door so

  2. He just knocks on the door and asks to be let in, and the people inside open it - without really bothering to check who this guy actually is
I mean, frankly, it doesn't fill me with confidence that:
  1. ANZ's systems work properly or

  2. That they are really secure.
But maybe its just me......

I've decided that I want a canary, but I'm unsure how happy it will be, since it will have to be inside for most of the time, and I don't know about travel arrangements, etc. Sigh....
But anyway.....I found one on Wikipedia. Which makes me want one more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home