Marge: "Aren't you going to work today?"
Homer: "No. They said if I was late one more time I'd be fired. I can't take that chance."
Woke up suddenly at 5:30 after some nightmarish dream. Actually got out of bed at 6:40 - it was cold.
Had my cereal and made lunch, but it was late. Didn't get to work till about 7:50.
Mogli drove his 6 week old car for the second time only - and someone ran into the back of him on the freeway. The damage isn't that bad; its the left bumper only, but, of course, it needs to be fixed, and it still won't be cheap - not that he has to pay, of course. Turns out that the perpetrator (who was very nice, apparently) works for the Metropolitan Cemetries Board (its rather freaky, actually).
But, of course, he was in a big stinky all day. I had to keep physically steering him away from going down to look at the damage, cos it just sets him off again. I don't think he (or either of us) did much work, cos he was calling all these people and that to try and get his repairs done. We both resolved that our insurance companies (Western QBE and Vero) suck and that we should go with like SGIO or RAC instead, cos they have a 'one phone call and its done' policy, and not this 'chasing quotes' nonsense.
Anyway, I think he was calmed down enough by the end of the day, but he still left early.
The only other big note of the day was WorkC, who gave me and Mogli free samples of this Milo Breakfast Drink Powder stuff - which was bad; I heartily don't recommend it. Really thick and not really very sweet. Also, I think it did something with my brain; I was slurring my speech a bit afterwards, and my sense of gravity wasn't all it should be.
Then it was time for the monthly training - and only me and Mogli was around, and it was Mogli's first time. We took his car down - despite it having a bad bumper, its still a lovely car; I can understand why hes so riled about it. Parked in a half hour parking zone for what would be an hour, but I told him thats where everyone always parks and they never seem to get tickets. I mentally resolved to pay half of it if he got one.....luckily I didn't have to go through with that, though.
He left half way through at 5 - mainly cos he was still a little ratty about the car.
Lucky for him he did - cos the second half was really, really, really boring. All about this self-assessment stuff; I knew it would be bad, and it was worse.
Watched some more Seinfeld at night. Should've done some ironing, cos I'll need it for Thursday and Friday, but I didn't. Watched another episode of Deadwood instead - and decided to order the first two seasons, cos they're selling them together in this special deal thingy.
Woke up suddenly at 5:30 after some nightmarish dream. Actually got out of bed at 6:40 - it was cold.
Had my cereal and made lunch, but it was late. Didn't get to work till about 7:50.
Mogli drove his 6 week old car for the second time only - and someone ran into the back of him on the freeway. The damage isn't that bad; its the left bumper only, but, of course, it needs to be fixed, and it still won't be cheap - not that he has to pay, of course. Turns out that the perpetrator (who was very nice, apparently) works for the Metropolitan Cemetries Board (its rather freaky, actually).
But, of course, he was in a big stinky all day. I had to keep physically steering him away from going down to look at the damage, cos it just sets him off again. I don't think he (or either of us) did much work, cos he was calling all these people and that to try and get his repairs done. We both resolved that our insurance companies (Western QBE and Vero) suck and that we should go with like SGIO or RAC instead, cos they have a 'one phone call and its done' policy, and not this 'chasing quotes' nonsense.
Anyway, I think he was calmed down enough by the end of the day, but he still left early.
The only other big note of the day was WorkC, who gave me and Mogli free samples of this Milo Breakfast Drink Powder stuff - which was bad; I heartily don't recommend it. Really thick and not really very sweet. Also, I think it did something with my brain; I was slurring my speech a bit afterwards, and my sense of gravity wasn't all it should be.
Then it was time for the monthly training - and only me and Mogli was around, and it was Mogli's first time. We took his car down - despite it having a bad bumper, its still a lovely car; I can understand why hes so riled about it. Parked in a half hour parking zone for what would be an hour, but I told him thats where everyone always parks and they never seem to get tickets. I mentally resolved to pay half of it if he got one.....luckily I didn't have to go through with that, though.
He left half way through at 5 - mainly cos he was still a little ratty about the car.
Lucky for him he did - cos the second half was really, really, really boring. All about this self-assessment stuff; I knew it would be bad, and it was worse.
Watched some more Seinfeld at night. Should've done some ironing, cos I'll need it for Thursday and Friday, but I didn't. Watched another episode of Deadwood instead - and decided to order the first two seasons, cos they're selling them together in this special deal thingy.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home