Monday, July 17, 2006

"At times of mediocrity...."

Woke up just before 10. Had a shower and toast, then it was about 10:30. Did my packing - took very short, of course.

Had to go and buy milk and post a letter. So I didn't actually leave until about 11:30. Had to get petrol from Yallingup - it was like 146 cents, or something. Got $35 worth, which was almost a full tank.

Got back about 2:30. Had to try and confirm some presents situations, cos there's so many cell people having birthdays this week. Decided to just go Koorong and look.

Went to do my shopping at Coles. Didn't have to buy much - but managed to get two Simpsons figurines, including Mr Burns, which is great. Not really happy with the Lisa (ClobberGirl), but I don't have a Lisa, so its better than nothing. Mr Burns is from the Power Plant collection, but I didn't see a Lenny, Karl or Smithers.
Also, I was meaning to withdraw cash on the way but I forgot. So I paid with my AMEX....and it worked really well, so its something I should do more often.

Went to Koorong. Bought lots of presents without toooo much trouble.....I got a nice flash of inspiration at the end, and it was the right price, so that was OK. Better than I expected, I guess. Unfortunately, they didn't accept AMEX. However, I was able to withdraw lots of cash, so that was nice.

Was absolutely starving by the time I got back - about 4:30, so I cheated dinner by eating bits of my chicken, and some shapes. Unfortunately, I often can't hold out when I don't have a meal, so I end up ruining my meal schedule. It thus meant that I didn't feel like a full dinner when it got to that stage, so eventually ate a small dinner at 8, which turned out to be too small, but not small enough to warrant eating anything else. Aahhh.....Now breakfast tomorrow shall have to correct everything, but it probably won't cos its those unfilling cornflake things.....

Watched the first episode of season 4 of Seinfeld, plus two extras, including the Regis and Kathy Lee impersonation, which was one of the main reasons I went back and started watching all the episodes again. Aaahhhh....so funny. Notice how I just used 'aaaahhhh' twice in two paragraphs, but expressing two rather different feelings. One of quiet resigning, the other of quiet contentment. Anyway.....quite undeliberate, I assure you.

I decided to watch 'What's Good For You', cos they had this bit on guys wearing tight pants, and I figured they'd answer in the positive, but unconvincingly, which they did. Oh sure, tight pants are fine, but warm baths are bad? I don't buy it. Anyway, shorts are just way more comfortable, so who'd be so stoopid?
But, regardless.....the test subjects decided to all buy girls jeans, cos that's the fashion now.....and, I was just thinking, if I didn't know Mogli, that would've seemed really strange to me.....

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Joe,

What presents did you get for Alaistair, Elizabeth Chew and ShanShan's birthdays?

Blessings,
Simon Ow

1:46 pm, July 18, 2006  
Blogger Joe said...

Simon,

We're behind the times a bit I think. Elizabeth Chew is AWOL...I'm talking about a new member, Hahn. If you wanna know more, ask Hooi.

And on the presents side....obviously I can't tell you in the public domain. Seriously, its nothing good.


joe.

2:26 pm, July 18, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Joe!

I know Hanh! I met her in Canberra. She studied in the Australian National University in Canberra in Nov05-Jan06 for a vacation program. It's such a coincidence that she knew Hooi too! I thank God that she accepted Christ. A pity she's going to the U.S. I didn't know her bday was coming up. Pls send my regards to Hanh.

Blessings,
Simon Ow

2:46 pm, July 19, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home