Saturday, July 08, 2006

Lunchlady Doris (posing as a nurse): "Theres a choice of two - manic depressant mouse or the bluebird of unhappiness"

I needed a quote to do with 'blue', and this is the best I could think of at short notice - bar that terrible song circa late 90s about those aliens, or whatever.

So yesterday, I was wearing socks, and with shorts not jeans so they could be see clearly - and before I washed them on Wednesday they were white, whilst now they are quite clearly lightish blue. So, great, thinks I, the colours must've run, as I knew they would with heated water - it just took a month or so to do so.
And then today I decided to wear my lovely Billabong shirt....which used to be this great off-white light creamy/vanilla type colour - and now its been dyed perfectly light blue. Would've been a great job, had it been deliberate. Its strange that my pillowcase, which was in the same load, and is also white, doesn't really seem to be any near as strongly affected. And then theres my shorts which were kinda a dark cream/light grey.....looking a much greyer grey at present. Though I haven't worn them yet, so its hard to tell, exactly. Cos I think the light in this room is slightly deceiving.

Today was all about shopping. Got out of bed before 9:30, and left at about 9:45. Went to Coles - mainly cos I wanted to buy Simpsons figurines. Then, it turned out that this weeks set is all super-heroes....and I kinda passed. Although, I probably should've got Lisa, cos I don't have a Lisa yet. Anyway, I also got to buy my budget scotch steak, so it wasn't a total waste. Plus, I got my Speculas....don't know how I missed them before. And, I also got some new hair stuff, recommended by Mogli. Although, there were three types; wax, putty and paste. So I picked the paste, cos I know its not the wax, and I've had bad experiences with putty. But, I was thinking later, I think its paste as in like 'clag paste' sorta thing.....like quite gluey......

So I took all my shopping back home, then put the stuff away, then left straight away to go to Word. Was looking first for a part birthday present for V, and they didn't have it.....I wasn't really expecting them to. But they did have the new Hillsong CD, which is nice and cheap. So I got that. There are 3 songs from the United Live albumn (United we Stand), being Take it All, None but Jesus, and, my favourite, From the Inside Out. The two songs after the latter, Found and More to See are two of the lowlights, as well as the second song, The Freedom We Know. Found is too atmospheric type, and the guy singing has a weird voice. More to See is too much of a performance, not like proper worship. And The Freedom We Know doesn't fit the small church environment.....But I am a big fan of song 3; For Who You Are, and also the 3 songs after More to See; Adonai, I Believe and Oceans will Part. Thats all I can say right now.

Went straight from Word down the causeway, then across to Garden City down Canning Highway. On the way over I passed a Chinese Restaurant, which had a very amusing name, I thought. Wing Wah, or something.....
I guess due mainly to the Myer Sale, the carpark was over full. Eventually had to go and park next to the Hoyts, where there was lots of space. Had a listen to The Eraser, but it sounded almost exactly like Radiohead circa Kid A/Amnesiac era, so I bought it without much hesitation. It does seem a lot more, or, I should say, a lot less variety. Nothing wrong with it....just a bit dull. But I only had one listen, and it wasn't a very thorough one.
After I had my usual VVL. It really only occurred to me as I was walking into Garbo....makes me so happy.

Then I went to visit V.....well, actually, just to buy more curry sauce. Cos, as I suspected, V was busy. Or acting busy....its hard to tell sometimes. His dad tried to invite me over for dinner again.

So then I finally went home, managing to buy everything I wanted, which was nice.
Watched the Hillsong DVD, which had some rather long sermon thingy by Darlene Zschech on worship. It was pretty good....though rather static, cos its just her talking to the camera.
Did some accounts stuff.
Then I did my ironing while watching Vanilla Sky. I think my white shirt has a tinge of something else....but I donno. I washed two ties, and they came out sparkling....though one has began to become unthreaded type. Which means I may have to spend more money......

Started watching 'One Hour Photo', but Robin Williams character just makes me way too uncomfortable, cos hes so.....obtrusive yet lame, type. Yeah.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home