Monday, July 24, 2006

Homer: "My family stood by me. On the way home I realised how little that helped."

Had to use my mobile to set an alarm for 7, cos it would be too much trouble to change my standard alarm, cos its only got 2 settings, and I use one for normal workdays (6) and the other for Sunday (9).

So I got up about 7:20, or so. Was ready in plenty of time. I prayed for 10 minutes, but it was still only 8:20, but I left anyway. So I got there about 8:45, which was almost perfect timing had I left at 8:30, as was the original plan.

Worked 9-4. Was very faint by 1:15, so had my lunch then - about half an hour. Got time to read some of my Red Dog book. I think my impression of this Louis guy was a bit too high - I just always figured Captain Correlli's Mandolin was some great work of literature - now I have my doubts.

Lovely weather all day - finally. Although, it appears to be wet every day for the next two weeks (in part); so washing may be a problem. Its a pity it can't just, like, pour one day then break for a few days; but I guess weather doesn't take peoples schedules into account.

Watched The Matrix special features, then started watching Reloaded. Skipped the Zion parts for the whole temple speech and dance and the love scene; I mean, ewww. That also included the Link bit, cos he sux.
Stopped it at the Neo vs ex-agent Smith fight scene. No particular reason.

I decided that the X-Files picture of the supposed UFO sighting on my desktop was getting just a bit too....y'know...so I went to change it. And I discovered all these photos, like the crazy ones me and V took at camp from 2 years ago, or whenever - when Jeff was here; the one at Camp Simon. Cos the last picture was named 'Zombie' - I think I was half asleep or something when V took it. He thought it was hilarious, anyway.
And then I found one I took at the next (and last) CZ camp from last year up in the hills at Camp Logue Brook. I took a panorama of about 4 which fit together really well - I actually can't really pick the join, though there does seem to be some slight discrepancies in the hills at the back. And then I inserted a verse which struck me during one of the sessions. It looks really nice, I think. I'm trying to use it as a background, but it has to be stretched to fit and, thus, doesn't look as good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home