Friday, May 19, 2006

Leonard Nemoy: "This story is true, and by that, I mean, false. But it makes us laugh, and isn't that the real truth? The answer; is no."

Is there any point saying?

Had another birthday today - thats the third this week (Gee, I must be getting old; heh heh). Actually, the persons real birthday (one of the partners) was like a few weeks ago. Had lemon tart and apple pie. Yay - food.

Interestingly, the 60c chocolates went up yesterday to 70c. So, I'm planning to use that to weasel out of my bet with WorkM. Just do some good old fashioned weaselling.

LH turned up for cell lunch - thats three! Although she was a little later.
I had nachos for a change. Probably not the greatest idea. But they weren't all bad - and it was cheaper, yet more filling. Too much, actually. But I wasn't really in flavour country.

Finished at three, and I went left to go buy my washing machine straight after. Had to get petrol first. However, I was surprised that the regular $30 gave me almost a full tank from what must've been an extremely empty one, even though its like $1.45 a litre.
Driving down Stirling Highway was painfully slow, and I almost ran over the crazy college people crossing the road near that overbridge there.
The machine I wanted was still there. Had a little tutorial from the lady - apparently, theres no such thing as hot and cold taps now - the machines heat the water themselves to a specifc temperature. And she advised doing it around 50 degrees, since it helps the detergent react better and get rid of human oils.....
Anyway, its being delivered tommorow at about midday. And they're taking the old one for an extra $10.

Played some CivII while listening to some music, which didn't really work that well.

After The Simpsons, watched the end of Fiddler on the Roof, then watched The Princess Bride. Both fairly light-hearted entertainment - I think I should've gone with my original idea and watched Fight Club - I needed something a little more.....stimulating.

In the middle somewhere did an hour and a half of treasury stuff - I did all the salary things except writing out the cheques. But I'm sure I'll get to that tommorrow, cos reading about Augustine and Pelagius isn't gonna be something I'll be able to do straight through the whole day.

And I think its been too long without a picture, so here is the a photo of the greatest poster ever. And I say that cos, really, I haven't had much exposure to photos. And it really is what it represents, not the poster itself.
Anyway.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home