Cemetary guy: "Two other women came by that day. One was reeeeaaaal purty. The other....sorta plain"
Woke up too late again, even though its Friday. My milk was off, so no breakfast. Once again, as predicted, am completely out of food. I have chocolate and pasta and lots of ingredients for drinks of many kinds, but thats about it.
As I'd done a little before, tried crossing the road as a blind person, though probably more difficultly. I just looked away from the traffic (cos I was crossing in a diagnonal motion anyway) and used my ears. I heard two cars straight after each other, but its difficult to distinguish (if you are not turning your head to make full use of the stereo sound) if there is another car behind when one has just passed. So I gave a quick visual check. It still is really ear straining.
Day went really slowly. By 9:30, it felt like it should be lunchtime already. Still, 12:30 came around eventually.
Need I say who was at ye so called 'ol' celle lunche'? Need I mention what I had - that is, assuming I say what I get every week, which is always the same thing, which I probably don't mention, cos its not interesting enough?
Made some plans for the night, as in, none. We'll all just get there by 6:30.
Did little for the rest of the day - feeling pretty worn out, as I do every Friday. Did some more sorting out of songs. Managed to convince V at lunch (rather inadvertantly, I might add) to give me some of his blank CDs. And he assured me that the itunes files can also be burned, so I can convert those to a more safely longevitable (?) format too.
Watched the rest of 'Underworld Evolution' which I started watching some time ago. Deleted it as soon as I'd finished, with absolutely no second thoughts - it was NOT good. Took to reading my Dr Seuss book while the end was going on, cos I really didn't care.
Left to go to the thing about 6. I was early, but was kinda half-asleep, so I missed the exit and had to go one big round. Just got popcorn chicken from KFC, cos I wasn't that hungry. I remember it being a bit too processed, like, the last time I got it - and I was certainly not wrong with that analysis. Way too oversalty and oily - rather sickly making.
Anyway, so V had the great idea (and it shall be my pleasure to remind him of it for the rest of my life: "well, OK, so I that market crash thing was my fault, but just remember that Friday night when you suggested we....") of sitting on the floor in front. In hindsight, actually, we may well have been forced to do so, anyway, since they asked the 'younger' people to vacate their seats when too many people came in. Anyway, so we had very little room, to say the least. But apart from that....
Its nice to see someone so convinced that they are hearing from God, that they continue pressing the point even when they receive no response. Having asked about a 'left knee operation' and got nothing, by the end of the night, I think the count was 4+.
Thats life, I guess.
As I'd done a little before, tried crossing the road as a blind person, though probably more difficultly. I just looked away from the traffic (cos I was crossing in a diagnonal motion anyway) and used my ears. I heard two cars straight after each other, but its difficult to distinguish (if you are not turning your head to make full use of the stereo sound) if there is another car behind when one has just passed. So I gave a quick visual check. It still is really ear straining.
Day went really slowly. By 9:30, it felt like it should be lunchtime already. Still, 12:30 came around eventually.
Need I say who was at ye so called 'ol' celle lunche'? Need I mention what I had - that is, assuming I say what I get every week, which is always the same thing, which I probably don't mention, cos its not interesting enough?
Made some plans for the night, as in, none. We'll all just get there by 6:30.
Did little for the rest of the day - feeling pretty worn out, as I do every Friday. Did some more sorting out of songs. Managed to convince V at lunch (rather inadvertantly, I might add) to give me some of his blank CDs. And he assured me that the itunes files can also be burned, so I can convert those to a more safely longevitable (?) format too.
Watched the rest of 'Underworld Evolution' which I started watching some time ago. Deleted it as soon as I'd finished, with absolutely no second thoughts - it was NOT good. Took to reading my Dr Seuss book while the end was going on, cos I really didn't care.
Left to go to the thing about 6. I was early, but was kinda half-asleep, so I missed the exit and had to go one big round. Just got popcorn chicken from KFC, cos I wasn't that hungry. I remember it being a bit too processed, like, the last time I got it - and I was certainly not wrong with that analysis. Way too oversalty and oily - rather sickly making.
Anyway, so V had the great idea (and it shall be my pleasure to remind him of it for the rest of my life: "well, OK, so I that market crash thing was my fault, but just remember that Friday night when you suggested we....") of sitting on the floor in front. In hindsight, actually, we may well have been forced to do so, anyway, since they asked the 'younger' people to vacate their seats when too many people came in. Anyway, so we had very little room, to say the least. But apart from that....
Its nice to see someone so convinced that they are hearing from God, that they continue pressing the point even when they receive no response. Having asked about a 'left knee operation' and got nothing, by the end of the night, I think the count was 4+.
Thats life, I guess.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home