Stephen Hawking: "I came to see your utopia, but it looks like more of a fruitopia"
Ushering again......cos V told me to. Hah!
Had to hurry for lunch, so I just got takeaway and ate it at V's house. And I say 'just got takeaway', but I was on line for the drivethrough at KFC for about 15 minutes.
Got a twister (again), but they didn't toast it. So that sucked then.
Went and looked at V's Pink Floyd poster from 'Mother' - a scrawl of 'mother should I trust the government' as written on the Berlin Wall (prior to it being torn down). Very appropriate. He hasn't put the Radiohead one up yet - its just on the floor with a whole bunch of other stuff.
Went for a CMC meeting. Lasted 1.5 hours or so. Managed to get my ushering committment cut by more than half, so that was nice.
Did the bank rec for last month, cos I only just got the statement. Found an amount that was out by 5 cents....decided it didn't matter.
Watched Ghost in the Shell while doing some ironing. Then more while watching the Simpsons. Then I watched some more Ghost in the Shell while having dinner.
It was then about 8:30, and there were movies on. So I finished my ironing while watching 'The League of Extraodinary Gentlemen'. I still don't really know enough about the characters - having read none of the books that they are in. But, would I really appreciate it more if I did? Probably less, I'm guessing.
X-Men was on after that - they are showing number 2 next week. Quite a good film - but again, I think I would be critical had I read the comicbook. My main complaint against comic book movies in real life is that they try and 'real world' it too much - like all this political stuff about mutants - I wonder if that was such a big feature of the comic.
It finished at like 1, so I went straight to bed. Great.
Oh, and I went to the Lourve. You want proof?
Heh.
Had to hurry for lunch, so I just got takeaway and ate it at V's house. And I say 'just got takeaway', but I was on line for the drivethrough at KFC for about 15 minutes.
Got a twister (again), but they didn't toast it. So that sucked then.
Went and looked at V's Pink Floyd poster from 'Mother' - a scrawl of 'mother should I trust the government' as written on the Berlin Wall (prior to it being torn down). Very appropriate. He hasn't put the Radiohead one up yet - its just on the floor with a whole bunch of other stuff.
Went for a CMC meeting. Lasted 1.5 hours or so. Managed to get my ushering committment cut by more than half, so that was nice.
Did the bank rec for last month, cos I only just got the statement. Found an amount that was out by 5 cents....decided it didn't matter.
Watched Ghost in the Shell while doing some ironing. Then more while watching the Simpsons. Then I watched some more Ghost in the Shell while having dinner.
It was then about 8:30, and there were movies on. So I finished my ironing while watching 'The League of Extraodinary Gentlemen'. I still don't really know enough about the characters - having read none of the books that they are in. But, would I really appreciate it more if I did? Probably less, I'm guessing.
X-Men was on after that - they are showing number 2 next week. Quite a good film - but again, I think I would be critical had I read the comicbook. My main complaint against comic book movies in real life is that they try and 'real world' it too much - like all this political stuff about mutants - I wonder if that was such a big feature of the comic.
It finished at like 1, so I went straight to bed. Great.
Oh, and I went to the Lourve. You want proof?
Heh.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home