Thursday, May 04, 2006

Advisor: "Mayor, an unruly mob is here to see you"

Mayor Quimby: "Does it have an appointment"
Advisor: "Umm..........yes!"
Principal Skinner: "I phoned ahead!"

Took very long getting out of bed. Thus, no time for praying again.

WorkM has uni today (and tommorrow), so I was able to get quite a bit of work done. From my original estimate of late Tuesday, I finished the whole thing quite satisfactorially (in my opinion) by about 5:15. I was so proud I felt like leaving early - then I remembered the whole contract thing, so did some web surfing for 15 minutes instead.

I got an email in the morning from the footy tipping people, informing me that due to Fremantle winning the ruling, the results had all changed - and I went back from 6 to 5. And I checked the site and, yes, my worst nightmare had come true - WorkM won outright with 8. And but 15 minutes later he rang me and was saying how f***ing great it was etc.....So I was ordered to find out when he'd get his money. Which I did - though I don't know the point, since theres no way I can contact him.....

Got home, and the security light has a bung starter, so it flickers. So for the past three nights I've been turning on the other outside light so you can kinda see out there. So I did - and it blew. So now its pretty much pitch black, with about 2 second strobe lighting. Good setting for a horror movie, or something, actually.

Got a poster from some blue dog people from uni - a 1 by 1.4 poster of U2 albumn covers - not including the best of 1990-2000 or how to dismantle an atomic bomb. Its kinda the wrong shape for my wall (or any wall) cos its 1.4 long and 1 wide. But - I need something there. I should remember to get my others (esp the Simpson ones) back from my parents house. Though the corners of those are tearing off already. Wish my heavy Simpson one would stay on the wall.....

Went for dinner at McDonalds in Southlands, cos I had to meet the new pastor to discuss issues in relation to next financial year. Lasted about 2 hours.
Had the new burger - tasted like the old burgers. Bah! Has that pickly taste, even though I don't think theres any pickle. Looks like it will just be nuggets from now on.....

G'nite, now. Thank u.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home