Thursday, January 19, 2006

Romans 13:11 - "Wake up!"

Woke up about 5:30. I guess. Cos I was cold. Had to get up about 6:15 cos I needed to go to the bathroom. Had a rather cold shower.

Left about 7:45. Went to Maccas - got there a little before 8:30. I wasn't that hungry, so just got the orange juice from Leo's big breakfast thing (it was like $1.50 cheaper). Didn't pay him back for a while, though. I bet he missed that 80c.

Got to Challenge Stadium a few minutes past 9. There was a long, long line of cars on Underwood Av. We just passed the gate when they opened it.

Went pretty much straight to the green chairs in the middle slightly on the right. Got one row pretty much straight across the three sections.

The first speaker was Sam Evans. She spoke about 'crossing over' - from Mark 4:35-40. Her point was to 'get in (or stay in) the boat' even through the storms. I went for the 'alter call' (there was way too many people to get close), but couldn't overcome the fear, I guess. However, I think that was the most important moment for me of the whole conference, cos it at least highlighted the problem, if not the solution.

I stayed inside during the break, so had to guard 20 seats or so. Chris Hill was on next. It was a very inspiring message, but, as usual, people were way too overenthusiastic to really draw much substance from it. His message was from Judges 1:1-6, with a bit of Revelation 19:11-16 thrown in. It was all about Judah (praise) joining with Simeon (heard, loud, vocal) to defeat Adoni-Bezek (lord of lightening ie Satan) by cutting off his thumbs (so he still has a weapon, but can't use it) and his big toes (so he is present, but not powerful). From hence came the song 'we are a tribe called praise'. And he started each message with the 'pump your fist, pump your fist like this' and 'my G-O-D is B-I-G'.

It was then time for electives. Technically, there was supposed to be a break, but too many (inc myself) had signed up for Holy Spirit, so that had to be moved forward into the same room as High School, but an hour earlier. So we only got half an hour break. The rest stayed outside and had KFC.
I can't remember the speakers name - it was rather foreign sounding - I think his family was originall from Pakistan, or some such - he's the head of Planetshakers college. He was a bit hard to hear, but I think I got the gist of most of it. It was mainly about his personal experiences, though he did draw from John 14:16 and 1 Corinthians 2:9-10, 12. There was then a quite long ministry bit at the end - though he only prayed directly for certain people - including some of the youth, as my namesake+y testified later. The first time he'd been slain, apparently.
A particularly nice bit - before the speaker started, one of the support staff mentioned that the Challenge Stadium security staff had told him that, considering the size, we were like the most orderly group they'd ever seen. Yeah!

Went outside. There was a little KFC left over. Waited around till about 4 before everyone else came back out. Then went to Northbridge for 'dinner'. I went with Katty, Leo, Val and another or two to the Vietnamese place which we went to last Sunday. Had something different - it turned out to be chicken rice, much to my surprise. Discovered that Leo was the one who's going to Tabor, who Jean keeps talking about. I also had some strange drink - soursop, or something. Tasted quite a bit better than it sounds.

Left at just past 5:30, so got back around 6:15. Got in around 6:30. Got ushered to the extreme front left, in the green in front of the N9 sign. Half of the youth got in in front and got on the floor, but (the weird seating arrangement again) they wouldn't let us go down there. Managed to save seats for V, his youngest sister and his friend (John, but not THE Jon - not an FGA Jon. 'Chong's John' as me and Alison deduced later. Though we could be very wrong about that).

And then Reggie - ah....I'd been waiting. He did part of his reportaire (however you spell it) - including 'Australia's on fire' 'if you're down with my Jesus' 'everybody spin' and of course 'somebody get your praise on'. And then you keep sitting down, and he does it again.
Quite a short message, but powerful. From Romans 13:11-12. 'Now!' 'Wake up!' - thats part one. Part two - the soon-to-be-infamous 'kill the dogs'. Based on Revelation 12 and John 21:3-6. Essentially, getting rid of sin. He did it very well, by first calling all the leaders down the front and getting them to confess, and then getting them to go back as he asked other people to stand.

Got back again about 11. Went straight to V's house - got a lift with Val. He wasn't there, but that didn't matter cos I was borrowing his sister's car - or so I thought. Apparently, her car battery had been disconnected already. So I had to wait around for V to come back - and he had parked in a bad spot, had to drop 'Chong's John' back home and went out to eat, too. So I stayed around talking to Ali for an hour and a half or so. Drank a lot. Got a bandage for my foot. Left my PS bag outside - and I would've forgotten it, had it not been for the washing powder which was in V's car and I thought he might want back, so I went back to return it and remembered the bag. *sigh* - had a few more moments like that.

Got back to FCC around 1. The gate was locked - I foolishly thought everyone would be sleeping already, so sheepishly rang Ps Melvin - nope, everyone was up and gossiping. Actually, the guys were involved in some deep sharing. But I had to wash up and that, so I didn't want to barge in. Got to sleep about 2, I guess.

1 Comments:

Blogger Anatomi Angin said...

nice blog.

7:53 pm, January 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home