Ecclesiastes 9:2-3: "All things come alike to all:
One event happens to the righteous and the wicked;
To the good, the clean, and the unclean;
To him who sacrifices and him who does not sacrifice.
As is the good, so is the sinner;
He who takes an oath as he who fears an oath.
This is an evil in all that is done under the sun: that one thing happens to all."
Woke up very tired.
Was supposed to be on lock-up duty, but Uncle M ended up doing it for me. Yay!
Went to Planetshakers-camp-thing meeting. Yeah....not gonna get much sleep.
It was decided (ex parte) that we go to Northbridge Chinese Restaurant for lunch. More than one (inc. myself) could just feel that something was gonna go wrong. I went with FD, and, although we left last, we got there first. And, of course, it was crowded. Nevertheless, we got a table for 10. Then V and his entourage showed up, and the table was nearly filled already, with lots of people still to come. It was dim sum - FD ordered one $3.60 plate, and ate that. Then we determined that there was no way to fit the people in there, so we just left.
Met outside - it was about 40 people. We went next door, some Vietnamese place, which was almost empty, so we fit on 3 big tables. Me and V ordered some fried chicken with egg noodle - but it didn't come for long, long time. A good choice, though. Ali wanted a 'big soup', but there was no big soup. So she asked for 2 small soups in a big bowl - didn't happen. Despite the waitress laughing a lot.
(so she was laughing at you, not with you)
It ended up being OK.
Tried to watch the end of 'American History X', but the disc went bad around 1:23, just when something important was going on. And I couldn't get past it. So, that was that. Found some music videos, including two Oasis ones. Great.
Rest of afternoon was spent doing computer stuff. I gave up on the harddrive, since my old one was almost full already, and just went ahead and formatted it.
I looked for an itunes recovery procedure, and after a long time found that it is a 1 time thing. Hence my quote - which means that I have tried doing things the right way, and it hasn't done me any good at all. So, at least for the songs I have bought off itunes, I am forced to 'permanently borrow' somebody elses. Mainly the music videos - if it is at all possible.
Plus, as much as possible, I shall boycott the itunes music store. I shall only buy stuff from there after confirming it is not on the Bigpond one.
As far as I'm concerned, Apple has made the list.
Went out to a house in Glen Iris for dinner - a rather big group. Had satay - which is always nice. V, being his usual self, was originally talking about trying to run across a pool, which was loosely covered with tarpaulin stuff. But, of course, he didn't go through with it. I should've said for him to go across sideways - that might've worked.
Played some foosball after that. I lost all four games - once solo vs. V, once with V vs. some Uncles and twice with V vs. Tk & EM, who were crazy, in terms of violently so.
Played a bit of Big 2 after that. I ended up winning twice, but I don't think anyone was really caring - it was just to pass the time, kinda thing.
I am now feeling almost sure that Harvest West has kept my old address - I shall endeavour to ring up tommorrow and check. Plus my Delirious ticket - but they've probably sold out by now.
Only two days of work, but it will feel like an eternity, I'm sure. I think I'll just go on with some other stuff, even though it may not be as time efficient in the end. But its better than just sitting there doing nothing......
To the good, the clean, and the unclean;
To him who sacrifices and him who does not sacrifice.
As is the good, so is the sinner;
He who takes an oath as he who fears an oath.
This is an evil in all that is done under the sun: that one thing happens to all."
Woke up very tired.
Was supposed to be on lock-up duty, but Uncle M ended up doing it for me. Yay!
Went to Planetshakers-camp-thing meeting. Yeah....not gonna get much sleep.
It was decided (ex parte) that we go to Northbridge Chinese Restaurant for lunch. More than one (inc. myself) could just feel that something was gonna go wrong. I went with FD, and, although we left last, we got there first. And, of course, it was crowded. Nevertheless, we got a table for 10. Then V and his entourage showed up, and the table was nearly filled already, with lots of people still to come. It was dim sum - FD ordered one $3.60 plate, and ate that. Then we determined that there was no way to fit the people in there, so we just left.
Met outside - it was about 40 people. We went next door, some Vietnamese place, which was almost empty, so we fit on 3 big tables. Me and V ordered some fried chicken with egg noodle - but it didn't come for long, long time. A good choice, though. Ali wanted a 'big soup', but there was no big soup. So she asked for 2 small soups in a big bowl - didn't happen. Despite the waitress laughing a lot.
(so she was laughing at you, not with you)
It ended up being OK.
Tried to watch the end of 'American History X', but the disc went bad around 1:23, just when something important was going on. And I couldn't get past it. So, that was that. Found some music videos, including two Oasis ones. Great.
Rest of afternoon was spent doing computer stuff. I gave up on the harddrive, since my old one was almost full already, and just went ahead and formatted it.
I looked for an itunes recovery procedure, and after a long time found that it is a 1 time thing. Hence my quote - which means that I have tried doing things the right way, and it hasn't done me any good at all. So, at least for the songs I have bought off itunes, I am forced to 'permanently borrow' somebody elses. Mainly the music videos - if it is at all possible.
Plus, as much as possible, I shall boycott the itunes music store. I shall only buy stuff from there after confirming it is not on the Bigpond one.
As far as I'm concerned, Apple has made the list.
Went out to a house in Glen Iris for dinner - a rather big group. Had satay - which is always nice. V, being his usual self, was originally talking about trying to run across a pool, which was loosely covered with tarpaulin stuff. But, of course, he didn't go through with it. I should've said for him to go across sideways - that might've worked.
Played some foosball after that. I lost all four games - once solo vs. V, once with V vs. some Uncles and twice with V vs. Tk & EM, who were crazy, in terms of violently so.
Played a bit of Big 2 after that. I ended up winning twice, but I don't think anyone was really caring - it was just to pass the time, kinda thing.
I am now feeling almost sure that Harvest West has kept my old address - I shall endeavour to ring up tommorrow and check. Plus my Delirious ticket - but they've probably sold out by now.
Only two days of work, but it will feel like an eternity, I'm sure. I think I'll just go on with some other stuff, even though it may not be as time efficient in the end. But its better than just sitting there doing nothing......

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home