Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Judges 6:13 - "Where are the promises?"

I really am too tired to do this post justice, so I'm gonna cheat and split it up per day.

Dropped my car off about 8:30AM. Got a lift with Katty to FCC. Was there about an hour and a half before heading off to Challenge Stadium. I drove the Odyssey, with 6 passengers.

I had registered seperately, so I got my stuff, with a shirt and CD as well. Strangely, the sizes were too big, so I got like a medium - black, with a gold print.

Started playing the CD as we drove to Subiaco for lunch. I had KFC. By then it was about 1. Went to a small park down Broadway on the river. Stayed there about 2 hours - did some preliminary sharing stuff.

Drove back to FCC. Got some games on the way. I played a few games of slightly adjusted snap rules, cos it was like a normal card deck and there weren't enough matches. But Katty was just way to obsessed.

Went to Southlands for dinner. Actually, since a certain Val had forced me to sit in the car and play the CD for half an hour, the Odyssey battery went flat. So, before Southlands, had to get a lift with Ps M to WLs house and borrow her car. Well, her mum said we could. However, it was only an Accord (or something), so 2 of my people had to go elsewhere. On the advice of Ps M, at two dumplings of sticky rice.

Got to Challenge Stadium about 6:30. Waited about 15 minutes, then went in. Due to strange seating arrangements (which continued all week), had to sit in the cement section, about S7, just under the Australian flag. Saw V and his youngest sister come in a find a seat almost directly opposite us, in the cement at N7. There were a few problems with the words at the start, but it didn't bother me - hah!
The speaker was Mike Gugliemichi (or whatever) - the message was mainly about 'saving Australia' - 'holding on to the promise' given to the guy who held the first church service on Australian soil on 2 Feb 1788 (as I recall). There were two effective parts for me - firstly, he suggested praying from 6am on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday. And secondly, there was a song at the end about 'save Australia', which put the national anthem in the middle - such that, as he said, whenever you hear the national anthem again, this is what you'll remember.
I noticed during the message that my foot was in pain - as it has been since. I blame the cement.

Got back to FCC about 11. However, had to get the Odyssey started and return the other car. Probably got to bed about 1.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home