Gandalf: "Breathe the free air again, my friend"
Was driving to work today, and ended up behind a super-smokey car. Each time it had to stop at lights, or something, then start again, a giant plume of white smoke buffetted towards me. And, of course, it stank like nothing. Well, actually, it stunk a lot like something. Something stinky.
Anyway, so I had to change my air circulatorary-thing from outside to inside. Finally, however, the car turned off, so I was able to breathe outside air again. Hence, the quote.
Worked 9-3:30. Left cos I was concerned that nobody had returned the DVDs which were due back yesterday. Then, it turns out, somebody did. So, great.
Went to shop to pick up my computer. Had to pay $44, but they didn't do nothing. Except make it so my soundcard is not working. I'm hoping its just a small thingy, but I'm beginning to think that it won't be.
Continued ripping CDs. Have resolved to go back to about 192kbps, cos otherwise my ipod will have just too few. Also, I copied the songs currently on the ipod to my harddrive. I have, however, not completely given up on the old stuff just yet. Had a fruitful conversation with V about it tonight. Actually, it wasn't so much fruitful as it was long. And pointless. But, I'm sure V found it funny. Anyway, the point is I still feel assured, and, indeed, more assured, that the data can be got at - it just needs the right person. Unfortunately, how can I find this right person?
Went to 'a gathering' at B's house at around 7 or so. For some kinda 'bonding' thing. Didn't do much of that. However, I did have some intersting conversations with V, Ali and Eli. Plus, I talked to some guy who I didn't remember seeing before but has apparently been around for ages. We discussed the strangeness of corrosive free wiring, which was also 'ruggedized'. I wondered if 'ruggedized' was a word. I have my doubts.
Also watched some strange stand-up comedian guy. He was pretty funny, I guess, but most of the lafs were rather cheap.
Left rather very late, and I borrowed V's ipod to copy his songs, which I wanted to do now lest something happen later, so now its like 1:30.
And I did my washing, but now I'll have to rinse it again tommorrow morning, cos its been sitting there for like 6 hours, getting all crinkly.
All my new stuff, too.
Oi, veh!
Anyway, so I had to change my air circulatorary-thing from outside to inside. Finally, however, the car turned off, so I was able to breathe outside air again. Hence, the quote.
Worked 9-3:30. Left cos I was concerned that nobody had returned the DVDs which were due back yesterday. Then, it turns out, somebody did. So, great.
Went to shop to pick up my computer. Had to pay $44, but they didn't do nothing. Except make it so my soundcard is not working. I'm hoping its just a small thingy, but I'm beginning to think that it won't be.
Continued ripping CDs. Have resolved to go back to about 192kbps, cos otherwise my ipod will have just too few. Also, I copied the songs currently on the ipod to my harddrive. I have, however, not completely given up on the old stuff just yet. Had a fruitful conversation with V about it tonight. Actually, it wasn't so much fruitful as it was long. And pointless. But, I'm sure V found it funny. Anyway, the point is I still feel assured, and, indeed, more assured, that the data can be got at - it just needs the right person. Unfortunately, how can I find this right person?
Went to 'a gathering' at B's house at around 7 or so. For some kinda 'bonding' thing. Didn't do much of that. However, I did have some intersting conversations with V, Ali and Eli. Plus, I talked to some guy who I didn't remember seeing before but has apparently been around for ages. We discussed the strangeness of corrosive free wiring, which was also 'ruggedized'. I wondered if 'ruggedized' was a word. I have my doubts.
Also watched some strange stand-up comedian guy. He was pretty funny, I guess, but most of the lafs were rather cheap.
Left rather very late, and I borrowed V's ipod to copy his songs, which I wanted to do now lest something happen later, so now its like 1:30.
And I did my washing, but now I'll have to rinse it again tommorrow morning, cos its been sitting there for like 6 hours, getting all crinkly.
All my new stuff, too.
Oi, veh!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home