Sunday, January 15, 2006

Clint Eastwood (singing): "Gonna paint that wagon, gonna paint it good. We aint braggin', we're gonna coat that wood"

Lee Marvin (singing): "Gonna paint that wagon, gonna paint it fine. Gonna use an oil based paint, cos the wood is pine"

A song, from The Simpsons, courtesy of V's ipod, which I borrowed from last night to take the songs off as a bit of temporal relief while I am in harddrive limbo.

Spent a lot of the day sorting out all the song stuff, cos the ipod has a funny way of naming them, and puts them in weird folders.

Woke up pretty relatively late - around 10 or so. Got my soundcard working by just jiggling it around a bit. However, it seems like all my Creative tools - ie, the bit where it tests the surround sound speakers, etc. has kinda, like, vanished. Hopefully, I still have the CD. But I don't think I do. So I really should be just downloading it again. Since all my downloaded installation files that I had also went the way of the new harddrive dislocation thingy.

Downloaded a proper driver installation thing for the new harddrive, which the long discussion with V concluded with - but it still wants to format it. Maybe if I had originally used the software things would've been different - but I doubt it.

Watched to almost the end of 'Sin City', which I had started watching yesterday. It sure is a long show. By then it was 1'oclock (and I was drying my clothes), and Katty and Shar were going for lunch, so I went to.

Went to Hungry Jacks down Claremont way. Used a voucher, but it was still like $8 - probably due to the onion rings and thickshake.
Then went to Cottesloe Woolworths (a first for me) to buy my groceries. It took me all of 5 seconds, but I had to sit around for about half an hour while other people did goodness knows what. Then had coffee at some local place with a pretty clever name - but I forgot it (it wasn't that clever). It was actually quite nice.
Tried to find Pri D'amour (or however you spell it), but, as I suspected, it wasn't marked on the map. So only knowing somewhere in Mosman Park is probably not that helpful. Except that I guess it would have some sort of river view.

Finished watching 'Sin City' after The Simpsons. Pretty good show. Very violent, yes, but most of it you can't really make out cos of the black and white and that. I'm still not a big fan of the Clive Owen segment - but thats probably cos I don't think much of Clive Owen. And I'm annoyed that Benicio Del Toro is the bad guy.

Was gonna continue watching 'American History X', but discovered 'Twins' was on. Actually, I only saw a bit of it, cos 'Braveheart' was on another channel. But its way too long - started at 8:30 and finished after 12.

It seems that the elaborately worked out car fetching plan from Ali has encountered a hiccup - being the whole 'Planetshakers as a 13:30 event' thingy. Ai.....
The best laid plans of mice and men, as they say........

....pretty stupid saying, really.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home