Friday, January 20, 2006

Jeremiah 1:10 - "Pluck up! Break down! Destroy!"

Woke up - or, more to the point, got woken up - at 6:45. Woke up a few times during the night, but, somehow, got back to sleep straight away.

Left at about 7:45 again. Got to Maccas at about 8:40. I didn't order anything, but finished of The Tishbite's hotcakes, and Leo's orange juice. Got to Challenge Stadium about 9:15 - the doors were already open. We had to split the group up - some of us got seats at the far right of the left side in the green, the others had to sit in the same vertical spot but up in the cement.

Chris Hill was first off. Apart from his usual 'my G-O-D is B-I-G', he also, at the end (I think) used that song (by some 80's band) but changed the lyrics as follows:
"Shout! Shout!
Let it all out
Jesus is He who we praise about
Come on
I'm talking to you
Come on"
Most people I talked to didn't realise it was like a pop song. It was pretty cool, but they only sang it about three times and that was it for the whole conference. Unlike that 'tribe called praise' bit, which they did a few more times.
His message was far more up my alley, this time. Very insightful stuff ("I don't have time to tell you about this...."). His main message was about the 'ark' that baby Moses was placed in among the reeds, (Exodus 2:1-6) and that God can use the 'mud' of this world to protect from far greater dangers in the river. But before that he went through the stuff that he didn't have time to go through - 3 other arks in the bible.
The ark of the tabernacle - had three layers (gold, wood, gold), representing the Trinity, but only 2 natures (gold and wood) representing JC as God and man.
Inside was the rod that budded signifying that Aaron was high priest, representing JC as our high priest - the manna pot containing the bread that fell in the desert, represeting JC as the bread of life - and the ten commandments of the law, representing JC as the fulfillment of such.
The ark that Noah built - representing the Church, which can keep us secure from the storms of life.
The ark of Joseph - who wanted his bones taken from Egypt to the promised land, representing the resurrection from the dead at the end of time.
He concluded with the title of his sermon (as per usual) 'a perfect praise', which was the cry that Moses made when Pharoah's daughter opened the 'ark' (basket). He made his point by saying that the first cry of his son sounded to him very much like 'Jesus', and that the Name is a perfect praise.

During the break, certain people leave and take their stuff without saving seats. Such happened this time, so the people in the cement moved down. I had to go out and buy stuff for V - he wanted a shirt and the CD. He wanted a medium, which I think will be too big, cos its pretty much a good size for me - but I didn't want to risk going against his wishes. Tried to confirm if he wanted the gold or white print, but I'm guessing hes out of range over there. Got the white with gold shirt for myself at the same time.

Reggie was on after the break. Did more of his stuff at the start. The bulk of his message was:
girls: "carpe diem"
boys: "sieze the day"
all: "a'ight?" (to make it more cool)
Based of Jeremiah 1:4-10. I believe the 'sieze the day' is because of 'this day' in verse 10. There was a little bit of 'pluck up (one hand), break down (two fists), destroy (stomping)', from the end of verse 10.
He made four points:
1) verse 5 - existence preceeds conception
2) verse 5 - purpose preceeds birth
3) believing preceeds seeing
4) assignment preceeds awareness
The last point was made in reference to the call of Moses - that he killed the Egyptian before he was called.
Reggie concluded (as he usually does - it makes my eyes water) with, since yesterday we had 'killed the dogs' now was time to 'drag the dead, bloodied, mangy mut to the kerb'. This was done by either taking an object of temptation (if one had it on one) or, if not, writing it on paper, and chucking it on the stage. Needless to say, there was a large amount of paper there. Inc. one by me (I'm amazed I was able to throw it that far). On the way back (I think it was this time), I saw the Australian flag near the narrows there, and 'save Australia' came to my mind almost subconciously. Cool, cos thats what I wanted to happen.

We went back to FCC after that, and went straight over the road to Taurus. I ate beef kway teow - Val almost made me eat some beef brisket thing, cos she told the waitress thats what I wanted. Apparently that place was supposed to closed due to renovations - I couldn't really pick anything different.

After we got back, went straight away with Val and Katty to nearby pharmacy to by Dencorub for my foot. It made it feel pretty heaty, but I'm not sure how effective it was at stopping the pain.
We did group sharing after that. Most people were talking about (since they're high school people) about trying to get Reggie Dabbs to come (since he said he was gonna be visiting 40 schools around Australia in October or thereabouts, and also doing two big meetings (one north, one south) on November 3 and 4.
Then we had some corporate sharing. A few people mentioned stuff about healing, etc, cos that was what Chris Hill had done during the first session.

It was then time to go - went the Southlands again. I ended up eating sushi, which was great, but really not hungry due to the lunch thing.

Got to Challenge again about 6:30. Not many people there, so we got quite a good spot. However, once we got in, we were again ushered to the right. Stayed there for a while, then, somehow (its a mystery to me) some people got round to the left. So we all went over there, thinking we had seats - we did, but they were in cement again. Then, some of the younger youth went back around the top, and the next second everyone was rushing for the green seats in the middle which just opened up. So we got about 2.5 rows, which pretty much fit everybody, far as I could tell, left of centre. W11, I think.

The speaker was Chris Hill. But before that, I had another moment. Sang 'your glory' as the 2nd worship song, and it got to the stage where I could no longer sing, and could hear myself shouting it - especially the 'show me Your glory' bit. They then quieted the music a bit, and what I was thinking was 'Jesus, don't pass me by'. So what song did they sing next? Yeah! Though the chorus and bridge only. I was shouting all of that, too. And for pretty much the first time, I could hear myself, and hear my voice giving out, and knowing that it probably wasn't a pleasant thing to listen to (there was a bit of groaning and heavy breathing, too), and I didn't care. It was incredible.
So, Chris Hill's message was about 'unusual heroes' - Sampson, from Judges 14:5-6 & 15:11-15. Chris Hill imagines 'regular' Sampson as a Steve Erkel, who jumps into the 'phone booth' of God's annointing to become 'superman' Sampson. And one of the main triggers was people (things) making loud noises - the lion and the Philistines.
He made a couple of important side points, noting that 'the tribe called praise' came up as an enemy of Sampson. However, Sampson didn't use his annointing to fight his (so-called) allies.

Saw Chong outside (as in 'Chong's John' Chong). Incidentally, I forgot to ask him about John.

Got back about 11 again. I went pretty much straight to bed (as did The Tishbite), even though the lights were still on. I think I woke up once or twice, but I was feeling pretty tired by this stage...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home