Monday, January 23, 2006

"Its a bird........its a plane............no.......its Sampson!"

What Chris Hill was saying on Friday. Using in reference to V's car - a speedy little thing.

Woke up at 6, attempting to do that prayer thing as suggested by Mike G. As I suspected, since I was really tired last night, I pretty much just lay around in bed till 7. Thus, I have to try tommorrow. I might try having the shower first - but I'm still not sure that will work.

V's car has no air-conditioning (or power steering, or central locking, or CD-player.....), but that sun-protector thing works really well. And, at least for today, having both windows down was enough. Unfortunately, I was behind a super smokey smelly car again, so I had to like hold my breath for a while.
Got up to a Jamiroquai song (I can still use my ipod, cos he has a cigarette lighter and a radio) and the base was making the whole car vibrate, even though the volume was only slightly audible. He has the bass up WAY too high. I found the knob and turned it down. It makes it sound quite tinny, but at least you can have it fairly loudish without it sounding like the T-rex from Jurassic Park is approaching.
I donno if it was cos I was wearing slides cos of my foot, and trying to put less pressure on it, but it was making my leg really ache having it in that position over the accelerator. I'm thinking the cars a bit small for me, cos I want the chair to go back further and it won't.

Worked 9-4. Got given banana cake and coffee. Was pretty pleased with my progress today. Confirmed that I'm taking Australia Day off.

Almost finished The Pilgrim's Regress. FYI, the pilgrim has already regressed. I have to say I haven't understood most of it so far. Like most of CS Lewis' fiction books (though the only others I've read is the Narnia Chronicles), it would be good if I could have a detailed guide as to what the stuff means. Most of it I'm only guessing. Especially his continuous reference to Latin and stuff of that ilk. I believe the other books in this book (!!) are non-fiction essays, so I'll probably enjoy those a lot more.

I finished 1 Kings on Thursday morning, and read a tiny bit of the 1st chapter of 2 Kings. We're still with Elijah, though Elisha is gonna take over soon, and Ahab is dead already.

Got a phone call from parents re: computer problems. Apparently their Outlook Express is telling them its got problems, but refuses to be re-installed. I tried in vain to help them. Oh well.
Told my mum about my free trade coffee not finding dilemma, cos I thought she bought some before. And she did - but it was from the actual Oxfam shop in the city. So I guess I'll just have to try and remember to keep looking out for it. But, I guess this is the easiest challenge, and I can't even do that. Not a good sign, I say.

Went to the new house to drop off mail, and was gonna take The Sopranos season 1 and Monty Python's Holy Grail to watch them - but I must've put them down somewhere, cos I certainly didn't take them to the car. *sigh*

Starting to rip all my CDs again. Up to 'Any Given Day'. So thats only about another 200 to go, or so. Resolved, on V's advice, to just go back to 192 kbps, cos apparently thats the best the ipod can do, anyway.

Hard to imagine those people are like doing the stuff in HK right now. Damn.....I really have to go overseas soon.......or at least interstate. One of these days I should just use one of my long weekends to drive to the border and go across - just so I can say I did it. Once.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home