Marge: "We're home!"
Lisa: "We got beets!"
Another time when I felt like saying the above quote - today, when I came home with shopping. Even though I didn't got beets. Or any sort of vegetables at all, for that matter.
I used another variation on a Simpsons quote - calling FD 'the suckiest sucker who ever sucked'. Lucky, I didn't have any weiner kids listening.
Worked 8:50 - 4:20. Had to get there earlier cos - whatever. Man, its getting pretty mind-numbingly boring - spent most of today just going through files looking for stuff that, on the whole, wasn't there.
Rang Medicare and Virgin Credit Card to change my address - went through pretty much without a hitch. Except for the first time I rang Medicare the phone kinda hanged up for no reason.
Tried to ring the international line for Worship Leader magazine, but it didn't work - there probably has to be the US extension at the start or something - I don't know it. Ended up sending an email from home instead.
Tried to ring Kempton to change my appointment tommorrow from 2 to 4, or so. Cos 2 will be really inconvenient to all concerned - except Kempton, I guess. I didn't have the number, so I thought maybe I had it written down at home. Rang FD at 10:30 to check. He was out. Rang back at 12:45. Turns out, I didn't have it written down. Got FD to find the general Kempton number. Got that at 1. Rang, but the person wasn't there, so I left a message. By 4, they hadn't called back. Rang back, but they were on another call. Decided not to leave another message - since it didn't do no good the first time. Received a call at 4:50, when I was driving home from shopping. Called back at 5:30 (to a mobile number) and got no reply. Received a reply at 6:45, but I was eating dinner. Called back at 7 to no reply. Called again at 7:30 to no reply. So, I guess I'll have to try again tommorrow morning.
Went shopping as mentioned previously. Bought such wonders as milk, cheese and my lovely budget scotch steak. Also bought meat for my lunch tommorrow and Friday. Was originally gonna buy four pieces of turkey (for 2 sandwiches for 2 days), but the pieces were too small for my bread. So, decided to buy 2 pieces of roast beef as well. But, for some reason, I only ordered 2 pieces of the turkey - even though, since they are small, I still needed 4. I then ordered the 2 pieces of roast beef, and had to order another 2 of the turkey. Fun, fun.
Was hoping that the total would come to something 9 something - as in, $19.50, or $29.15 or something like that. It came to $30.35. And I didn't have $30 in notes. So I only got to use 35 cents of my $9+ worth of change.
Watched a lot of TV today - mainly new shows. The Simpsons at 7:30 - an episode which I had seen before - but not a bad one, considering most of the newer episodes are bad. The worst part about it is using jokes that they've used before. Oh, well.
Futurama was on at 8 - the first episode, which is probably the best. I really enjoyed it, but I remember it goes downhill pretty fast after this. Still, for the moment, I shall keep watching.
Watched a little of Strong Medicine after that. But FD insisted on watching 5 Days to Midnight, so ended up watching most of that instead. Strong Medicine seemed to have its moments - but there really wasn't a lot of hospital stuff, so I'm not worried about skipping it. 5 Days to Midnight has an interesting concept but, like Surface, it moves way too slowly. This sort of stuff works well in a film (sometimes) - in a series its just frustrating. Thats why I steered clear of Lost.
Watched Blind Justice next. It was an OK show, but quite weak, especially considering its a series opener. It seemed that pretty much everything was solved in that one show. Either the acting, or the writing, or maybe both, seemed, most of the time, extremely juvenile, shallow and unbelievable. So that is one that I will skip.
Got the Dynamite CD by Jamiroquai from S tonight. So, maybe I have a chance of knowing most of the songs for next Sunday. Maybe. Doesn't mean I'll like them, though.
Another time when I felt like saying the above quote - today, when I came home with shopping. Even though I didn't got beets. Or any sort of vegetables at all, for that matter.
I used another variation on a Simpsons quote - calling FD 'the suckiest sucker who ever sucked'. Lucky, I didn't have any weiner kids listening.
Worked 8:50 - 4:20. Had to get there earlier cos - whatever. Man, its getting pretty mind-numbingly boring - spent most of today just going through files looking for stuff that, on the whole, wasn't there.
Rang Medicare and Virgin Credit Card to change my address - went through pretty much without a hitch. Except for the first time I rang Medicare the phone kinda hanged up for no reason.
Tried to ring the international line for Worship Leader magazine, but it didn't work - there probably has to be the US extension at the start or something - I don't know it. Ended up sending an email from home instead.
Tried to ring Kempton to change my appointment tommorrow from 2 to 4, or so. Cos 2 will be really inconvenient to all concerned - except Kempton, I guess. I didn't have the number, so I thought maybe I had it written down at home. Rang FD at 10:30 to check. He was out. Rang back at 12:45. Turns out, I didn't have it written down. Got FD to find the general Kempton number. Got that at 1. Rang, but the person wasn't there, so I left a message. By 4, they hadn't called back. Rang back, but they were on another call. Decided not to leave another message - since it didn't do no good the first time. Received a call at 4:50, when I was driving home from shopping. Called back at 5:30 (to a mobile number) and got no reply. Received a reply at 6:45, but I was eating dinner. Called back at 7 to no reply. Called again at 7:30 to no reply. So, I guess I'll have to try again tommorrow morning.
Went shopping as mentioned previously. Bought such wonders as milk, cheese and my lovely budget scotch steak. Also bought meat for my lunch tommorrow and Friday. Was originally gonna buy four pieces of turkey (for 2 sandwiches for 2 days), but the pieces were too small for my bread. So, decided to buy 2 pieces of roast beef as well. But, for some reason, I only ordered 2 pieces of the turkey - even though, since they are small, I still needed 4. I then ordered the 2 pieces of roast beef, and had to order another 2 of the turkey. Fun, fun.
Was hoping that the total would come to something 9 something - as in, $19.50, or $29.15 or something like that. It came to $30.35. And I didn't have $30 in notes. So I only got to use 35 cents of my $9+ worth of change.
Watched a lot of TV today - mainly new shows. The Simpsons at 7:30 - an episode which I had seen before - but not a bad one, considering most of the newer episodes are bad. The worst part about it is using jokes that they've used before. Oh, well.
Futurama was on at 8 - the first episode, which is probably the best. I really enjoyed it, but I remember it goes downhill pretty fast after this. Still, for the moment, I shall keep watching.
Watched a little of Strong Medicine after that. But FD insisted on watching 5 Days to Midnight, so ended up watching most of that instead. Strong Medicine seemed to have its moments - but there really wasn't a lot of hospital stuff, so I'm not worried about skipping it. 5 Days to Midnight has an interesting concept but, like Surface, it moves way too slowly. This sort of stuff works well in a film (sometimes) - in a series its just frustrating. Thats why I steered clear of Lost.
Watched Blind Justice next. It was an OK show, but quite weak, especially considering its a series opener. It seemed that pretty much everything was solved in that one show. Either the acting, or the writing, or maybe both, seemed, most of the time, extremely juvenile, shallow and unbelievable. So that is one that I will skip.
Got the Dynamite CD by Jamiroquai from S tonight. So, maybe I have a chance of knowing most of the songs for next Sunday. Maybe. Doesn't mean I'll like them, though.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home