Sunday, November 06, 2005

Day 37

Various characters from The Game: "You know, knowing what I do now, I wish I could go back to the start again."

I don't think I phrased the above quote well. They did an alter call in church, and whenever I hear it I wish it was me who was eligible to do so. My biggest regret about being saved is that I can never be saved again. I feel kinda disappointed that I shall probably never make God as happy again as on that day back in August 1999, I believe the 8th, though maybe the 9th.

Went for lunch at Ipoh garden. I wanted the only thing on the menu which didn't have seafood, it had beef instead, but they didn't have any beef, so I had to ask the people to hold the seafood. But the soup (which I wasn't expecting) was, like, seafood flavoured anyway. It was kinda OK, I guess, but the place is rather expensive.
I gave V a lift, and he spent most of the time saying my ipod songs sucked. Except Radiohead, of course. But he did lend me his three Pink Floyd CDs, so thats cool, then.

Watched Left Behind II first off. It was, like, a lot like the first one - the characters don't really seem very realistic considering the stuff they have to deal with. The guy gets nominated president of the world way too easily, and everyone seems focussed on these events which I think are really not that important. But, I'm not a big end times type person - frankly, I think today has enough problems of its own....I mean, for other people. Not me, of cos.

After that, watched the original 1954 Japanese Godzilla. It was as you'd expect - though the film just couldn't hold my attention, so I forwarded a lot of the talking bits - and there was quite a lot of talking. A ship sinks in the first 15 seconds, so you think there's gonna be lots of action, then half the film goes by before you see the monster.
I then had a tiny peak at the 1956 American Godzilla, which was on the same disc. It was actually just the Japanese version, then some American guy pasted in scenes with an interpreter, type-thing.

After that, it was about 7, so went to Viet Ho to eat duck noodle. But it was soup again, and tasteless soup and noodles, at that. The duck was good, but I'm not a big soup person. Cept like that beef brisket type soup, or something like that. Also, FD gave me $12 to pay for his portion, but I think I left the notes in the place. Or something. Cos when I was doing my account, I was about $10 out.

After that, watched The Last Ride, from the director of the Fast and the Furious. Was a rather pitiful film. FD obviously got it for the cars, and there wasn't really much car chase stuff. I don't care for cars, so I thought that was good. But the rest of the film wasn't great. So...

And finally, for tonight, watched Lady Snowblood, the film that inspired Kill Bill. Like Godzilla, there was way too much nothing, then a few people dying, but no real coreography - they died off camera and then you saw the bodies. So, I wouldn't recommend it. Maybe I should rent Battle Royale again - thats how much action film like this should have. Well, ballparkly - I guess you can go too far.

Up to about chapter 45 or so in Isaiah. Not gonna get much read tonight - velly tired already.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home