Friday, November 04, 2005

Day 35

Homer: "Bow down before me, o world, for I am your king!"

Using the above quote, cos I felt like yelling something when I came back from handing in my assignment, and its the first thing that came to mind, although not totally fitting the situation.

So I finished breakfast about 9:05, after starting my washing, and did my assignment pretty much straight till 3:45, barring lunch, which I had to walk over to the Japanese place and eat terriyaki chicken while watching more of Mulholland Falls, and the bit where I hung out my washing.

So, I managed to hand it in about 4:15, with 45 minutes to spare, although I was 11 words under the minimum. Still I feel I'm gonna get a better mark for this one than the last one - it just felt better. So, maybe this one might just pass. Maybe.

Finished the rest of Mulholland Falls after (finally). There was actually only about 10 minutes left. And the ending was rather pointless. It was difficult figuring out who the villian actually was, though I guess it was the guy who got thrown out of the plane. I think hes that guy that ran the syndicate hotel in Payback. John Malkovitch got a few more lines, but nothing good. A very average film, indeed. And nothing like how the cover describes it.

Did Mandarin lesson 20. I think I've got a good enough grasp to continue through to lesson 30 before reviewing.

Which reminds me - where is my latest Amazon order? I'm sure its supposed to be here already...

I managed to win the ebay bid, which equated to about $33, which I paid for straight away. However, it has to ship from the US, so I won't be expecting that for a week or so.

I watched the Recruit on TV today, and taped XXX. It was quite a good film, though by far the best part about it (apart from that lovely CIA scenery) was Al Pacino, and he really didn't have a very big role. I'm not a huge fan of Colin Farell - he just doesn't seem to have any personality. I was looking forward to seeing more Al Pacino, cos most of the films I've seen him in recently, eg Insomnia, he is just not good. He was great in this, for the small part he played. The ending was too much like The Game, but thats a far better film, cos everything actually fits together properly, unlike this. I find films like this annoying, where its like, surprise, but, since there is no practical way you can guess the surprise, you don't really care.

Looking forward to relaxing a bit next week. Today was way too hectic. I'm not used to research assignments.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home