Saturday, October 29, 2005

Day 29

Bart: "Hello, operator?
I'd like to order a wake-up call.
Three AM.
For every room except this one."

So, this is the second time I'm writing this, due to IE totally screwing up the first time.

Woke up about 8:30, and went straight out to bring in my washing. Unbelievable, my Simpsons shirt was still wet.
Went to Koorong to buy stuff, and got the new Todd Agnew CD 'Reflection of Something'. My favourite track of what I've heard so far is 'Isaiah 6', which I originally got confused with Isaiah chapter 9. Its based on Isaiah 6:2-8 (approx), almost word for word of some strange bible translation, of the call of Isaiah, about the train of the robe filling the temple, etc. Obviously, has special significance for me, based on the whole 'assignment due last Friday' thing.
On the way, stopped and did shopping and got another 5 movies.

Went to Broadway for lunch. Had char siew chicken rice, which was quite good quantity for the price, though quality was a little lacking - it looked like char siew, but didn't really taste much barbecue.

When I got back home, I watched the first movie - the Neverending Story. I know what you're thinking, and you'd be right. There are some shows, like Jumanji, and even Home Alone had its moments. But this film was, on the whole, irritating and banal. I guess kiddies like it, but I did not. However, I do remember liking the second one better - so, you never know, do you?
I also began watching Thirteen Ghosts later on, recommended by Frae Dizzle. Its had its moments, but it isn't making a whole lot of sense, and its not that scary. There are thirteen ghosts, but only about 6 people in the house, and the only guy to die so far was cut in half by a door, and the ghost was hardly involved.

I finished week 8 by completing lecture 3, so I'm almost back on track in that regard. In terms of reading, though, I'm only up to chapter 15 in Isaiah, and now I should be reading 1 Kings and Chronicles based on the Solomon assignment due Friday.

I purchased three videos from itunes - some Pixar short film called 'For the Birds', which is good to watch once, but after that...; 'A Thousand Miles' by Vanessa Carlton, which has that great piano just driving around the streets, and 'The Dolphins Cry' by Live, which I mainly got cos Ed just looks so freaky happy, while everyone else is running away scared.

I'm still about 16 hours or so away from AOEII, still sitting at about $30.

I finally succumbed to the lure of the Architecht's speech, and thus added Reloaded to buy when I purchase Seinfeld seasons 5 & 6, released on the same day. Actually, I'm still considering season 6, but season 5 has got, as I recall, three of my favourite episodes - where George is a marine biologist, where George does the opposite of what he normally does, and where Jerry's accountant seems to steal his money.
I had a wild idea yesterday to buy a Simpsons season - probably 4, cos, as I recall (again) that has my favourite episode, as well as a lot of other great ones. The main reason was because I was reading in my book that when episodes were put into syndication, they cut bits out. However, the example they gave was that the following scene was cut:
'If I have three Pepsis, and I take one away, how many Pepsis do I have left?'
'Um....Pepsi?'
'Partial credit!'
Which was left in the episode here. So I'm guessing we have unsyndicated syndication. But there do seem to be some episodes which have scenes cut, so.....

Went out for dinner to Sienas in Leederville, after driving for what seemed like hours around Northbridge, which had half its roads blocked off, and then absolutely no parking. Surprised myself by having pasta (actually, I was really hungry, so was thinking about it, but wanted steak anyway). Actually, the main reason I ordered was so, out of 6 people, we had dishes number 51, 52, 53, 54, 55 and 56. Unfortunately, it didn't quite work out, and the 56 was replaced by a 57. And I doubt any of the kitchen people got the joke.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home