Monday, October 31, 2005

Day 31

Sideshow Bob: "You want the truth? You can't handle the truth! No truth-handler you! I deride your truth handling abilities!"

Finished breakfast about 9:30, and started on my assignment straight away. However, I did not get off to a good start - I had assumed (foolishly) that 1 Kings matches (pretty much) with 1 Chronicles, which it doesn't. 1 Kings begins with Solomon, however, it is 2 Chronicles that begins with Solomon. So, two books I had are on 1 Chronicles - thus, I'll have to take them back and swap them.
I begun with a book on 1 Kings, but its a lot tougher finding stuff, since I don't really know where Solomon fits. I've done about a quarter of one book in one day, with 4 days left. But, hopefully, Solomon won't take too much of Kings, and finding stuff in subsequent books will be easier. Though, admittedly, I'm not 100% sure of what I'm looking for. I'm expecting to see some stuff, but I don't know if I will.

Actually, I didn't start my assignment till about 11:00 - first off, I had account stuff to do, so did a tiny bit while watching Mumman Bhai MBBS (or whatever). Unfortunately, it was a bad choice, cos its a Bollywood film, which requires reading subtitles, and is thus hard to watch while doing accounts stuff. So, I was mainly watching film, thus I stopped at 11. Also, I figured I should be using my more productive mornings to do assignment work.

At around 1, or so, went for my standard rectangle walk to post letters. Although its what most people term a 'nice' day, its one of those irritating spring days to me - in sun is too hot, in shade with wind is too cold. So I wore chinos, but it was uncomfortable by the end. Or, more precisely, the middle.

About 3, or so, drove down to Subi to buy cake for H's birthday. Ended up choosing the small Boston Mudcake, which was considerably more nicer than I usually find that it is - it usually tastes quite artificial.

Did Mandarin lesson 16 in the afternoon - I think I'm gonna have to go back and review some, nay, most of these, because I can make most of the responses, but way too slowly. And I still have large problems with understanding when other people are speaking.

Did most of the rest of accounts stuff between 4:30 and 5:50, while finishing off the Mumna Bhai MBBS film. It was quite good - sort of like Patch Adams but better, and more Indian. It was about a guy who was a mob boss (essentially), who pretends hes a doctor when his parents come to visit. Then, through a mean real doctor, they discover hes been lying. So, he goes to medical school, where the mean real doctor is dean. Whenever he has to take an exam, he threatens one of the other doctors to tell him all the answers. However, he wins the entire hospital over by being affectionate to the patients, which is frowned upon by the establishment. Theres also the token love story aspect. Quite funny, nicely uplifting and not too many songs.

Began watching Mullholland Falls during lunch, but only saw about 10 minutes or so of it. Thus, I don't have much of an opinion yet.

Also, my Murder Most Horrid arrived today. Was gonna watch that at lunch, but someone has taken the VCR downstairs, and its not expected to be returned anytime soon.

The whole night (essentially) was taken up with H's birthday, which ended up involving pizza for dinner as well. I also may have found, not really a solution, but at least a slight appeasement of my Friday problem. Maybe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home